3.

September 1993Fifth year

September 1993
Fifth year

As promised, her mother sent her the exact quidditch gloves she needed. They arrived two Saturdays later, just in time for tryouts, which would start in exactly thirty minutes.

Hope was particularly excited because her childhood friend and dorm mate was trying out this year. Although they weren't exactly best friends, they were pretty close, practically cousins. Family if you will. Angelina Johnson's older sister, Sarah Johnson, is Hope's godmother, so of course they somewhat grew up together and honestly it is why Hope was keen on having the girl join the team when Angelina told her she wanted to join. She was quick to ask Hope for some guidance. Which is why Angelina spent every couple of week that recent summer at the Macmillan residence. It would have been the entire summer, but Hope was mostly busy with quidditch at the league.

Though Angelina was really the reason Hope was excited for quidditch, she was also excited to see who else would be trying out this year, perhaps because she already didn't really have friends, not unless you counted the Weasley twins but again that was mostly by association (at least in her opinion because if the twins were ever asked, she was practically one of their best friends) and not to mention they've had the same classes since forever. So, yeah, practically best friends. 

The sad part was that there was only one position available on the team. Three if you counted the two substitute positions, but no one every really wanted that because they usually never did get the chance to play. So she would be stuck with the same team again, the three Weasleys, Oliver Wood, Harry Potter and whoever made the team.

"Eat up." George Weasley took a seat next to Hope as she was biting into one of the pork sausages.

"That's exactly what I'm doing." She duhhed him before continuing to eat, focusing mostly on the buttered toast with jam.

"Listen, you didn't hear this from me, but Charlie is going to extend the tryout until tonight. He wants to find the best. He and Oliver are in their last year, they want to win the cup."

Hope didn't even reply. She just raised her brows a bit surprised but that was it. She understood Oliver's need to win, but Charlie's? That was a joke. She knows he's not as passionate as he pretends to be.

***

Charlie Weasley was pretending to not be bothered by Hope, who for once was not really paying attention, to him at least. She was mostly goofing around with the George instead of helping him during tryouts. Which is why he had yelled at her, and she didn't take it well; but for whatever reason she listened and was now currently up in the air, going against some of the the students trying out.

"Is he always like that?"

"Of course not. He's just trying to appear intimidating." Hope responded to the second year boy trying out.