15

{November 1993}Fifth year

{November 1993}
Fifth year

"Well good morning." Charlie Weasley smiled as Hope entered the common room.

"Morning." Hopes eyes widened in surprise. Mostly because Charlie was in a good mood and that wasn't common. But she's not daft. She knows the reasoning behind it and not to mention she had been anticipating this moment. She had been hoping to catch a glimpse of him. Hope had been gone for a week and only just arrived last night when everyone had already gone off to bed. This was good simply because she didn't have to face him after the events from that night.

Frankly, she was glad she did not run into him last night because she was afraid she' would have done something she'd regret.

Angelina seemed to notice Charlie's new behavior as well. She gave Hope a not so subtle knowing smile. After the events from the week before, Hope couldn't help but tell her everything. Although the girl was surprised- she also wasn't. She's seen the way that Charlie has looked at the girl and not to mention acted. Angelina thought Hope was very oblivious. But What really surprised her was the fact that Hope didn't once bring up Archer. She knows Hope and him have something-or had, she wasn't sure what was going on or going to happen but she knew she shouldn't have pushed Hope into 'hanging' out with him.

"Hope, I was thinking-"

"That's not good." Hope cut him off with an attempt to hide her smile that was only growing by the second.

Charlie just chuckled as he shook his head. "Listen, the last Hogsmeade trip of the term is coming up. Go with me."

"No." Hope shook her head. "I told you no distractions; I have a game coming up."

"Isn't your next game in February?"

"Yes, I'm sorry. I just -" Hope paused catching sight of Archer and the twins entering the common room.

"Hooope!" George Weasleys arms went up in the air excitedly as he came down the stairs after hearing her voice. He immediately congratulated the girl as he pulled her up off the chair and brought her into a tight hug. "You did it! You won your first game as an Irish."

"How does it feel?" Fred asked as he took a seat next to his older brother.

"Brilliant." She smiled attempting to not focus on Archer too much but she couldn't help it. She glanced over at him and he was already smiling that perfect smile.

"Congratulations, Superstar."

"Thank you." Hope sent him a quick smile and then went back to looking at George.

"Hope." Charlie sighed. "Just as friends and besides, last time, things ended badly. We didn't even go together."

"I know." She mumbled. She thought back to the last time she went. It was with Archer who had been a perfect gentleman. She glanced over at him and found him quickly looking away. He heard, she realized. "I just - I can't."