14.

After a day, Bora started working once again. Yoo-Jin accepted her apology and didn't press the matter further. Instead, she started assigning her job as usual. And Bora thought that was really kind of her.

She was unaware that Yoongi had already cooked up some stories to protect the girl from his mother's fury.

Anyhow, Bora was really anxious when she was called to Yoo-Jin's cabin at this moment. Why would her boss decide to summon her out of the blue when she was doing her job perfectly?

She paced apprehensively toward the cabin. Before entering, she knocked, and once she opened the door, it felt as though the ground had been swept beneath her feet.

Not just Yoo-Jin and Yoongi, there were Jimin, his mother, and Jia present too. Everyone's faces looked pissed for some unknown reason. It seemed that they had also recently arrived.

"Oh yes! Come in, sweetie." Jia spoke cheerfully as she moved to bring Bora inside.

Bora appeared lost. She noticed Jimin's mother pissed while Jimin looked horrible. His jaw had turned black now and his cheek was swollen. He was punched in such a place that he was unable to even apply a bandage.

Jimin's appearance caused Bora's heart to ache. She kept staring at him with sadness, but Jimin kept looking down as if he were sorry for something that Bora was obviously aware of.

As Yoongi spotted Bora's attention on Jimin, he sighed dejectedly. He was upset when she failed to even look at him once. He had already given up all hope. But it was again his fault for not confessing sooner. Given that she hadn't moved on, Bora couldn't just accept him.

Yoongi said, "Bora, come and sit here," and he stood up to allow Bora to sit on the chair where he was sitting.

Jia grabbed a seat next to Bora. They were seated across from Jimin and his mother, whose chairs were facing them. On the other hand, Yoo-Jin sat in her chair that was positioned behind the table.

"So, we have already decided on the venue and dress. Now we need to discuss the menu that I've already chosen." Jia spoke with a smile, looking excited as usual.

"You decided without asking me first?" Hae-sook inquired with a raised brow. Her son was also getting married, so why wasn't she consulted about such crucial matters? She had dreams for Jimin's wedding too.

"Aunty, this marriage has always been my dream. And I won't compromise for anyone." Jia grinned as she informed her.

Jia's remarks caused Jimin to look up at her. Jia was consistently kind to his family. He was unable to comprehend why she had suddenly become so blunt and unconcerned with his mother's sentiments.

"Are you listening to this, Jimin? Just look at this girl already controlling our lives when she hasn't even married you. What will she do when she starts living with us?" Hae-sook scoffed and questioned angrily. She was shocked by how quickly Jia started displaying her true colors. The sweet girl was long gone by now.