Chapter 33: Colossal Problems

Start from the beginning

Kirlia snapped me out of my reverie with a hushed, "Kirlia," signaling me that the coast was clear. We seemed to have escape them.

My Pokemon and I decided against going through the path we were originally using to escape the Ghost-types and instead took the path we were using to hide in. It was sloped and forced us to walk uphill. It wasn't too tall, but after being on my feet for hours, it was still excruciatingly depleting of my energy. I desperately needed to rest, a feeling that I was sure my Pokemon shared.

We walked through the path, trees squishing us by either side. After five minutes it began to get lower, the branches above forming arches like tunnels. We were forced to crouch to get through. Eventually we slipped out of the tunnel-like path and into a clearing filled with ominous purple flowers and even more eerie trees. In the middle of it was a...

"Cabin?" I said, suspicious. "What is a cabin doing here?"

My Pokemon shared my suspicions as we looked into the window. Empty. It even looked abandoned. But the more I thought about it, the drowsier I seemed to be. It was so tempting. We could sleep and be safe in shelter. There was a comfortable-looking bed in the corner of the cabin.

But I knew deep in my mind that it was trap. It was so obvious.

"Pika..." Pikachu shook his head, signifying his suspicions. He wasn't stupid, either.

"Yeah, I know buddy," I replied.

My Pokemon and I discussed it for a bit.

"We could go in and knock out whatever Ghost is causing it," I suggested. "Then we take over the cabin and rest."

They seemed to consider this, all of them looking tired. Then they acquiesced, giving in to their desire to rest. I didn't blame them. We couldn't go on much longer, so we were going to have to fight for the opportunity to rest.

With obvious apprehension, we slowly opened the door and waited for the first signs of enemies. When none came, we carefully stepped in and looked around. It was pretty bare, with a small kitchen, a small sofa, and a bed. I also noted that it was unnaturally clean, something that isn't ordinary for an apparently abandoned cabin.

Our fears came to fruition as soon as the door slammed shut, like some cliché horror movie. Acting on a hunch, I tried to open the door, but before I could touch the doorknob, my hand was slapped away by some invisible force. The air that was mere inches away from it seemed to rippled, as if space was distorted.

A cry from Kirlia made me snap my head to him. He pointed in front of him, and when I looked, I saw a lumiscent multicolored tile that then expanded, until the entire rectangular cabin was covered with those same tiles. We were trapped in.

"Magius," I heard a drawling voice say and, suddenly, chills ran down my spine. I spun and saw a floating purple Pokemon with some sort of wizard or witch hat on its head.

 I spun and saw a floating purple Pokemon with some sort of wizard or witch hat on its head