chapter 12 : walk

Phil's pov
I agreed to have a walk with Spain, but it didn't stop me from being sad . Remember , Spain killed both my parents and I was also mad about him , he's the prince he can choose whether to be the bad guy or the good guy . I was about to take a step off the staircase leading up but Spain pulled my arm "and where are you going ?" He asked "up ?" I responded he then shook his head and he walked up to a lit up fire torch and pulled it down , making the stairs turn flat and underneath the stairs there was a small door. Spain looked at me as a sign for me to go inside , I stepped inside as he followed with a torch now on his left hand . It was dark and the only source of light was  Spain's flaming torch . The whole walk was quite me and Spain didn't talk , we were too focused on getting ourselves out of this dark , cold , wet passage way.

"I'm sorry for everything" Spain spoke . He's sorry ? , He's sorry? Ever since he killed my parents , gave me love and took it away from me , tortured my people , and abandoned me like I was just an object to be sold to America... Wow and now he's sorry. "Aren't you happy about it" I said scoffing "happy?" He said with a confused look "stop pretending Spain , I know you're happy about me and my brother dying so you and your daddy can finally get my country" I said looking at his reaction like he was a little mad ."so you can take away your apology like you took away the love that you gave me before you sold me to that doosh bag America-" Spain covered my mouth with right hand hushing me as we heard a sound , it wasn't coming from here but it was coming from back the mansion "HE HAS ESCAPED !!" a female voice that seemed to be a maid shouted , I wanted to be free but Spain's strong arms where wrapped around me like chains and my back was glued to his chest with his hand covering my mouth "Run !" He whispered as he finally wrapped his arms and removed his hand letting me free "run" he said loud enough for me to hear but I didn't do anything besides stand , I couldn't move Spain rolled his eye as he grabbed my arm as we ran . We kept running like there was no tomorrow.

Minutes of running we reached the way out with the moon shining through the way out , the sound of us panting and deep breathing was the only sound you could hear besides the crickets that sounded during the night. We ran faster until we reached the woods

Spain collapsed to the ground both of us where tired from running "you can go now if you want , your free" he said calm , didn't he want he to be locked or something ? "You're free" he repeated
Yes I'm free indeed but I have no where to go . I have no home to run back to.

"Why aren't you running ?" Spain closed his eyes "I would but where would I run to ?" I said "everything was taken from me" I sat down near a narra tree , "how about you aren't you gonna go home to your father ?" I  asked sarcastically   but got no response .

"I'm not going home" he randomly said "why ?" I again asked as he looked at me "that's enough questions for me , what about you ?" He said . As I gulp "me ??" I said "yes" Spain says

"Tell me why , it's like you're from a different time period" ....

"Huh ? Time period?"

"Enough with the games Philippines , you aren't from this time period and so am I"

I looked at him "Spain ? You're present Spain ?" I burst out "wh-what are you doing here ?" I asked with widened eyes "I was also going to ask you that" he says "you say your reason , and I'll tell mine" I say he smirked "no matter if I'm in the past and present you are still the same as ever"

"I came back because, I missed something. I didn't want to re-live the things that I've done to you Phil, I just wanted to go back . Because I missed my mother. She died in front of me , Spain empire or should I say my dad killed her and so came back" he showed me a similar pocket watch that me and marcial had . "I wanted to save her but I soon learned , you can't change the past so you'll just have to move on . You can just continue living for that person"
He ended and I can sense that he was unhappy "I'm sorry you had to re-live all of this" he says leaving me with mixed emotions , like I'm having negative emotions right now but at the same time I feel bad about him experiencing what I experienced but his mother was killed by his own dad, and something like this can have a really huge impact on him , then my thoughts then drifted to marcial. He's finally going to die, he can't go back anymore but I still can. if I go back in the present...

"So how about you why did you go back" Spain asked as I read his eyes and he knew why I came back , he knew why I decided to be here in the first place..."I wanted to see them again" I spoke as I broke out in tears again . I don't care if it was even in front of Spain , the man who took away my happiness , my parents , and my trust "sorry" I cried "it's ok" he said he looked guilty and it's like his regrets the horrible things he has done to me . He went near me and hugged me apologizing repeatedly but apologizing can't bring back my parents. I can't bring them back , Spain can't, no one can do that .

Spain's pov
Idiot , I wish I hadn't listened to my father . It's like I hated him more than any human or nation I have ever hated. I promised one day I wouldn't become like my father but then ever I look at Phil I can remember brutal and disposable things that I myself did . Even to his people , they where hard working people who loved their country really and would fight if you really fucked them but I and my guards abused them "are you going back ?" I asked Phil who was already quiet and we were still in a hugging position on the ground , I know it was weird how me myself is hugging the son of whose parents I murdered... All Philippines wanted along was his family and he can't live without them , that's why he disappearead in the public eye for a long time in the present. "I don't know anymore" he says "why are you asking ?" He says as I showed him my arm that had ready has three lines "I have to go back , four more lines and I disappear from the present" i said "how did you get here  ?" Phil asked

I broke the hug as he leaned on to a tree and sat down beside each other "you see I had this poket watch before I've even met you , I was a little boy actually" I brought out the pocket watch that instead had the numbers to count time it instead had the the numbers of years associated with me and happenings that scared me for life "this pocket watch was given to me by an old woman, she said that I'll be needing it in the future... So I took it and kept it because this watch is one of a kind . It had the number of years instead of the numbers of time . But I soon learned that you can travel back in time  with this , you just have to set it in the time or year you want and you have to enter a some sort of portal , for me I got here from an amusement park from Florida..." I ended ...

Phil's pov
Me believing Spain went back in time too. was unbelievable but my mind rushed to the pocket watches where there are more pocket watches like these out there ? How were they created? Lots of questions needed answering but my no.1 question is where did they come from ? "So are there more pocket watches like this out there ?" I asked hoping Spain would know something about them "from what I encountered and studied , yes there are more out there but the possibility of people or nations having are the ones who encountered so much suffering that they wanted to change mistakes that have been done " he says "have you encountered more nations ?" I asked wanting to know more if some nations came back in time "a few" Spain  said

"Germany came back because he wanted to change something but failed so he went back" Spain added and continued "he told me he was given a pocket watch by a random stranger" Spain says "china he went back because he was missing his father but also went back , America who wanted to know where he really came from asides being adopted. Finally found and knew himself more" Spain then paused for a sec "then there's you ..." He says

The nations that Spain mentioned really came here for a reason rather their reason is because they wanted to change something or missing someone or wanted to know where they really came from or wanted to know who they are "if the time wasn't limited, would you stay ?" ... "No" ... "Why ?" ..."I would lose them at some point anyway at life"

Spain said as his eyes started to close I wanted to talk to him more but he must've been tired , I also heard from Portugal he had huge daddy issues . I believed Portugal of course because if you compared him to his father he would just go mental , he hates mentioning his father , he also hates everything about him . I can't blame him though I didn't know until now that  maybe the reason why he hates is father is because what his father did to his mother and from what I observed Spain empire rarely spent time with his son probably leading lack of time with Spain ,  and Spain empire was an alcoholic and he would bring women home with him. And that would probably lead Spain to hate his father but I do believe that Spain doesn't always hated his father in the first place . Maybe once he was that child who was very close to his father and as time went by Spain empire killed Spain's mother ...

Time passed , I couldn't sleep Marcial's execution was soon later ... I really couldn't sleep. But beside me Spain slept like a child , I could see the sky slowly turning deep blue but the bright moon was still present. I think I would really miss marcial forever ... Like the Stars would miss the sun and  the morning sky , a tear slid from my cheek as I closed my eyes slowly going to sleep.

To be continued...