chapter 11 : night

Phil's pov
They threw me to the room locking the door shut . I banged the door but it was no use , I broke down into tears thinking of the thought marcial was gonna get killed tomorrow , he even heard it a while ago . He didn't have a reaction. It's like he accepted he was going to die cause he can't do anything anymore because Spain empire is the king of Spain and he has come here to colonize this country, broke down to tears more . They where gonna kill del and I'm next . In the present world , I wanted to die but there's that thought of me wanting to live , do I really want to die ? I was curled up on the floor not realizing that I was already falling to sleep.

Spain's pov
"You're not pressing charges ! " I shouted at my dad "he will be executed the next day after his bastard brother" my father said as he was doing the papers "he murdered the guards, and he also almost murdered you !" He shouted "well you killed his family" I spat "you're the one who did it" ..."I was just following your orders" my voice lingered in the room , I hate my father. I hated how he treated me growing up , I hate how he mistreats other , I hated how he killed mom . I even watched as she died in front of me . I miss mom she was a woman full with joy and kidness , she didn't deserve my father. Poor woman , she was like a beautiful tree and cut down by my cruel spirited father . "I hate you" I said as my father looked at me with such hate . "I hate you too , your mother took my life away from me . I would be a full spirited Man by now if it wasn't because of you and your mother" he says as my heart started to break into bits "what did my mother did to you to make you hate her so much ?" I kept my voice out of the pain I was feeling "your mother who said who loved me slept with other men " my father said I knew this was fake because while I was growing up I heard rumors of her running off in the middle of the night and sleeping with other men  when actually she was taking care of me , she would tell me stories and she would sing to me to sleep "those charges you threw against her where falls , everyone knows that , you just wanted her died" I said  with one of the maids finished bandaging my eye and leaving the room "your mother made life hard for me !" He snapped back "she took everything away from me you got it ? Son of a whore , now I don't want another word coming out your mouth if you don't want your to be cut off" he spoke "do you understand ?" He added as I gave no response "do you understand ?" He asked again waiting for a response "yes your majesty" I gave him a look that was mixed with anger and sadness before leaving the room slamming the door. Phil's brother was gonna get executed tomorrow , there's nothing else I could do . Except for one

Phil's pov
I was woken up to noises that sounded like someone was yelling at each other, I couldn't get over what has happened a while I go , I again cried because my brother with be totally died tomorrow. And worst I can't do anything , I could only stand and watch . Will they behead my brother ? Or burn to death ? Or put my brother into boiling hot water ? I've read about these brutal executions through out history ,and the thought of it makes me more worried about my brother, that should've been me . I continued crying like my tears could become a whole river then not long I heard a knocking sound , maybe Spain empire told one of his men to come get me so I can be the first one to die.

Once again decided to hide , but this time I hid behind a cabinet covering completely , the doors opened they must've got the keys first before opening them , the jiggling of the keys where heard through the room "come out" Spain's voice was calm and it's like he doesn't care about anything or anyone "come out , I won't do anything to you " he added again I took a peek and he dropped his sword on the ground. "I mean no harm" his voice sounded that is was real , was he gonna hurt me ? Or was he not ? And why is he in here anyway? "I just want to talk" he says with his voice echoing through the wide room "about what ?" I answered with my rasspy voice that I got from crying "y-you want to see your brother, yeah ?" He says . Of course I do who in the world wouldn't  "why are you doing this ?" I muttered "if you want to kill me in this very spot then just do it"  I added "I don't want to" he says leaving me with no words , "you want to see your brother ?" He asked again "more than a thousand times yes." I said coming out of my hiding place .

The room was pitch black but I could still see his face from the room due to the opened heavy velvet curtains and like what he said he didn't attack me nor did he even dare to go near me we just stood there, it's like we where staring at each other's soul But then he broked it "come with me" he spoke and I followed him out the room and into the dark hall way . Spain had a candle with him that was our source of light the whole walk to the dungeon was silent, it was like the silent was too lound that we could hear each other's heart beating .

We arrived at the door to the dungeon, it was cold that the wind was also cold , enough ro almost blow out the candle. I too a step down the staircase and I almost tripped but Spain caught my arm just in time "thanks" I yanked my hand back "you're welcome" he awkwardly said and we continued going down the staircase. As we arrived I saw my brother immediately he was on of the cells . I ran to him putting both my hand on the bars trying to get close to him as possible. "Marcial" I called his name and he went to me as I tried to hug him but it was hard because of the bars that separated us both  . "Phil stay away !" Marcial screamed and he was referring to Spain who was behind me "you ! Get away from him !" Marcial who looked like he was gonna break the bars says , Spain how ever remainded calm . I looked at his eye that was bandaged up knowing that he'll be using an eye patch "sh , sh it's ok" I hushed him , Spain had the keys with him so he unlocked my brother's cell so I can stay with my brother , Spain knew that we needed so space so he went far away but not so far .

I went in my brother's cell as I thought of running away with him "run with me" I said leaving my confused like I'm a lunatic person "run away with me .  We can escape we can leave all these behind" I said and his reaction said it all "Phil I can't" he said " why ?" I asked him as he slowly lifted up his left leg .  He had a long huge cut , and you could almost see the inside and it seems like his loosing so much blood "what did they do to you ?" I cried out and tears started forming "Phil , I can't run away from this but you can" he rolled up my sleeve revealing one black line appeared on my arm "they need you Phil, our people needs you"he says as I covered my mouth not trying to make any sound as I cried "this is the end for me" he gave me a small smile "it was fine long at last , atleast I could see you for the last time" he says "no , no you can't" I cried out . He carefully lay down on his bed as I cried.... hours passed I tears stop as I felt myself become numb marcial was still awake staring at the wall "can you sing me a song ?" He requested as I gave him a blanked look "look I'll stop breathing tomorrow can I at least hear you sing" he says, I didn't have a choice and this is the last request of my brother so  why not give it to him .

(Play it if you want but imagine it's a boy version lol )

Spain's pov
Hours have passed and he and his brother are still talking , I didn't want to do a disrespectful thing and listen to their conversation , both of them have been through a lot...I didn't want everyone getting hurt  , I don't even want Phil's brother to be executed worst I don't want him to be executed. If I was the king right now I would stop this , not bother a different country instead focus on my own and help other people. I wanted nothing to do with more land and riches all I care about is- my thoughts stop because of a voice. It was Phil's voice he was singing? I slowly moved closer to the cell where he and his brother is his voice was one of the beautiful voices I've heard , by his voice it's like he can reach a higher note .

Phil's pov
I finished the song and found my brother already sleeping peacefully , I was again wanting to cry but not here . I step out and that's where I saw spain half asleep. Has he been listening to our conversation ? I walked towards him and tapped his shoulder , I wanted to say that I'll be going back in my room "hey !" I said shaking him gently as he came to his senses "I'm going to my room" I said getting no response as he walked up to my brother's cell and locked it like it was before , "want to go for a walk ?" He asked "I should probably go to sleep" I said trying to sound ok but how can I ? I have a brother who's gonna die tomorrow "please just for a while senior"  he said as I sight "ok then" I agreed .... He's probably planning to kill me .

To be continued