Chapter 44: Blue Flame

They were all up and running rather early. Way too early, the extras had been exhausted but Katsuki was fine. Aizawa had taken all their phones however which annoyed quite a lot of the class. Thankfully, Katsuki being the genius that he is had brought a backup phone to give in instead, he had told Shinso to do the same as well. Its no fun being the only one breaking the rules, plus Shinso is the only one of his idiots that he trusts not to get instantly found out.

It was the first official day of training and unsurprisingly it was no different to hell. To compare something to hell despite never having been is rather unfair however having to constantly survive Aizawa's training on a daily basis, Katsuki stands by those words. He could handle it of course, he can handle just about anything these stupid old geezers throw his way, what he couldn't handle however was having to cook with his classmates later that evening. That and talking about feelings.

"Great work everyone, it's time for dinner!" Cheers flow from the students utill it gradually melts into a disappointed silence. All that litters the tables are ingredients, no ready-made dishes in sight.

"Where's the food?" One of the 1B students asks.

"Didn't we say yesterday that we'll no longer be helping you. So get off your asses and come make it yourself." Groans fill the area but soon enough the students find some kind of stupid motivation and get on with the task.

Katsuki wouldn't say he hates cooking, no its actually quite the opposite. He likes to cook and he believes he's rather good at it as well - he's good at everything after all. The one thing he does not like however is being forced to watch as basically every single person in his class butchers the task. He wouldn't consider himself a perfectionist but when it comes to cooking if it's not perfect it might as well be garbage. It may have come as a suprise to the rest of the class when Katsuki starts to criticise them and bark out orders but soon enough, thanks to Shinso's assurance that he knows what he's doing, the class is actually following instructions.

Thankfully, in the end they are not left with a pile of burnt goo to eat, the food looks and tastes somewhat edible. To say it is perfect is a complete and utter lie, but as Deku would say for some weird reason, perfection is a spectrum. Although that is mostly just his excuse for making horrible food. In this case however Katsuki had to agree but like hell he's going to tell that to anyone. As far as they're concerned the food is absolute and utter rubbish even if he was so hungry he finished it all. Well he would have finished it all faster if he hadn't noticed Kota, the boy who has been doing nothing but moping around all day, walk away into the forest to who knows where.

After yesterday Brain Fucker did seem a little concerned about the child. He had told him about his parents and all that. Frankly Katsuki thought his parents death was a stupid reason to hate hero's, he loves his parents so how could he hate something that his parents once were, and will always be. Then again it's understandable. Either way Katsuki decides to get up to look for the boy, a plate of curry in his hands as he goes.

It's not that hard to follow the boys footprints, clear and prominent. He windes up by a cave where he finally spots the boy's stupid red cap. Katsuki hates how he's vaguely reminded of Deku's just as stupid, red shoes. Katsuki huffs as he walks up to the boy and sets the food next to him. The boy doesn't even notice he's there - courtesy of Aizawa's stealth training - until Katsuki huffs to get his attention. The boy is rather suprised when he finds Katsuki towering over him but then that suprise morphs into anger and Katsuki is regretting ever caring enough to come up here.

"Food." Katsuki says, pointing out the plate he left on the floor. "You haven't eaten yet have you?"

"Why are you here?" They boy glares. "How did you find my secret hiding space?"