Chapter 34: Post Festival

Staring up at the ceiling he takes a breath, he takes another, then another but he can't get rid of that stifling feeling. It was always the same at home, even when his poor excuse of a father was on patrol that phantom heat, the overwhelming humidity would always linger. All the events of the day certainly didn't help either.

Thoughts swimming through his head, and breathing finally getting too difficult, Shoto decides to get some fresh air for a while. Sitting on the little porch outside he looks beyond him in thought, eyes not particularly focused on one thing his field of vision brushes past a familiar emerald green which looked out of place despite being surrounded by plants and greenery.

Getting up to go inspect it, Shoto walks over to the gate. Getting there he sees none other than Bakugo's boyfriend who had taken his quirk earlier that the day.

"What on earth are you doing here?" Shoto hisses aggressively.

"Endeavour isn't home right?"

"No, but that doesn't mean you can just barge into my house. How'd you even find out where I live anyway."

"First of all," The boy says. "I'm outside your house so I'm in no way trespassing or doing anything illegal. Second of all, I have my sources."

"Please leave, I don't want to hear anymore of your quirk preaching."

"I didn't come here for that, I came to apologise."

"Apologise?" The boy nods as he takes a seat on the floor, making himself comfortable.

"I'm sorry for taking your quirk." He says, getting straight to the point. "That was irresponsible of me and even if I was trying to prove a point there were better ways, and don't worry I got a really long lecture because of this."

Shoto also takes a seat on the ground having a feeling that the boy wasn't going to leave all that easily. "By who?"

"Aizawa." Shoto just nods having remembered him mention that he knew Aizawa back on the first day of school when he rescued him. "Oh and Todoroki, I'm sorry for being super pushy and annoying, and eavesdropping as well I shouldn't have done that but it was kind of an accident."

Shoto nods. "I accept your apology. And I'm sorry for being kind of aggressive, could you apologise to Shinso for me too... and Bakugo while your at it."

"You had every right to be angry, I shouldn't have done what I did. Kacchan though, he's not going to forgive so easily."

Shoto sighs. "He's gonna be mad at me for days isn't he."

"Maybe even weeks."

Shoto groans. "I hate it when he's in his pissy mood."

"Yeah, that can be kind of annoying can't it." The boy chuckles. "But maybe if you apologise yourself he'll appreciate it more."

"Will he? I think he'd be annoyed either way."

"Kacchan is a very interesting and complicated person."

"So?"

"So... I have no idea if he'll actually forgive you or just get more mad. I wouldn't be suprised if he grew even angrier just cause you apologised."

"Wow that makes me feel ten times better." Shoto says as he rolls his eyes.

"Wow, I never realised you were capable of sarcasm." A fond smile grows on the greenettes face.

"Why wouldn't I be?" Shoto question and the boy just shrugs his shoulders. There's an awkward silence for a while till Shoto changes the subject.

"So anyway. Thanks to you I've finally been able to try to sort my life out, atleast a bit anyway. I've decided to finally go visit my mum at the hospital tomorrow morning. I don't know how things will go, I might even end up backing out, but the fact that I even considered seeing her when I usually avoid just the thought of my mum. I'm making progress right?" Shoto looks up at the green haired boy who gives him a soft smile, he didn't know why he was discussing all this with him but he finally had someone other than his siblings who could listen and he wasn't about to throw away this opportunity.