Chapter 10: The Tenth Letter

Dear Kim Taehyung,

A night ago, I had a dream about you. I've been actively having dreams of you appearing, which is interesting because I rarely have any of you. Nonetheless, I'll tell you about it. 

I had a series of dreams again, which isn't a surprise. I continue to shift from one dream to another, and it sometimes doesn't make any sense. I remember vividly that you and I were together in a small room. It was my dorm room. The room was dimly lit by the sunlight since the curtains were halfway open, my room was in the same condition as it always was, and you and I were standing on my side near my desk and my drawers where I store my clothes and extra belongings.

Once my dream shifted, and I saw you in front of me, all of a sudden, I felt this feeling of awareness that I was dreaming. It felt weird that I instantly broke free from the flow that would control what you do in a dream, but this time, I took control without waking myself up.

As soon as your presence was in front of me, I immediately embraced you in my arms and you also did the same. While I felt conscious of myself feeling overjoyed, I also began to feel the panic in me rise knowing that this was only a temporary moment that I was able to spend with you. I didn't know if I was ever going to see you again nor did I know if I was going to be able to hold you again.

I remember hugging you so tightly with the thought of not wanting to let you go. I could feel your warmth and your bold physique engulfing my small self while your arms wrapped themselves around me. I remember saying, "Don't let me go. I missed you so much, so please, don't let me go."

You didn't say anything and did exactly what I asked without a word.

Silently, you began to tighten your arms around me, slightly bent your back forward to my height, and the side of your face rested on the side of my head while you comforted me. I buried my face in the denim jacket that you wore and snuggled against you. The fear in me was still there, and yet, I felt safe while you held me close.

While I silently wished that this moment would last forever, I was happy that you stayed with me till the very end until I woke up.

Desperation, longing, and pine were what I felt altogether with the storm of emotions that stirred inside me when I held on to you as if it was the last time. And yet, I still felt that way the moment I opened my eyes from the bittersweet euphoria that I experienced with you in it.

From,

Lee Sooyoung