Chapter 8: The Eighth Letter

Dear Kim Taehyung,

Whenever I start my letters, before I start writing to you, I wonder, what should I even say to you? Should I tell you about my day? Should I continue to tell you about myself? Do I continue to tell you my raw feelings and my thoughts? What should I say to you?

I continue to write like this for the sake of it all.

I continue to write like this for it all.

I continue to write to you because I know you'll never read these letters.

Maybe I do it because it makes me feel better. It's an outlet for me to express my feelings and my loneliness somehow. It sounds sentimental the more I think about it. To you, who is far and distant from me, and who will always be someone who I will never reach. My emotions altogether seem so out of place, as if they're a rollercoaster of their own. There are times when I'm filled with so many emotions that I want to write to you but never do. Times when some of the simple moments in my life happen, and I want to write to you about them as if I'm talking to you. So many emotions, yet I still try to simplify them all into one so that I don't sound like I'm such a complicated person.

Even then, do I still sound like a complicated person?

I just want my feelings to be heard, that's all.

If so, am I doing well? Am I making sense?

I hope so. 

I put my feelings into words for you so that they're not taken so lightly. It's hard to write my feelings and put them into words sometimes because I would have to reminisce about how I feel and it takes a while to write them down. Even so, I'd like you to hear what I have to say to you. I'm just a fan out of millions who adore you, so I don't know if they'll amount to that. It's okay though because I won't invalidate the feelings I have toward you. 

I can only hope that you become happier than yesterday and more than today. I also continue to hope that what we have together, though we don't know each other, stays strong and is the same. To you, who has healed my heart and soul, I am forever grateful to you and your existence to have appeared in my life. Without you, who would I have become today? Would I still have a purpose even without you? You've given me a purpose to keep going on with my life. 

I still want to continue giving you just as much sincerity as you have given to me because you saw something greater in me than how I see myself. I want to give you my all too.

You're precious to me, and I will continue to cherish you even more until there's no more of me.

You and the rest of BTS.

I will love you as if I have never loved before, though I wish there was a better word other than "love" to describe what I feel towards you.

Sincerely,

Lee Sooyoung