Chapter 6: The Sixth Letter

Dear Kim Taehyung,

I had another dream again.

Well, it was three dreams, to be specific. I didn't dream of all of them at the same time. They're all from different nights. These dreams made me feel happy, so I want to once again share them with you. I also feel that the more I write about my dreams, the more I'm able to dream about them often.

If I can remember correctly, one of the dreams I had was on the week when I had to return home because my family needed me. It was on the night of February 7th. One thing that I want to mention first to provide context would be that it was someone who is from a manhwa called, "Bongchun Bride." I dreamt of Bongchon and he was in my dream.

Bongchon is one of the main characters in the manhwa and he is absolutely one of the sweetest characters I have ever encountered as an active reader of manhwa

Bongchon is one of the main characters in the manhwa and he is absolutely one of the sweetest characters I have ever encountered as an active reader of manhwa. He's like a sweet, giant, teddy bear who's just filled with love, kindness, and gentleness. Anyways, what happened in my dream was that he and I were lovers. It took place in a village where slave refugees resided (a place in the story), Bongchon and I visited the people there. Bongchon was known to have great strength and his capabilities were widespread due to his broad physique. Therefore, the villagers doted on him a lot for his help around the area and his bright personality. Eventually, it began to interfere with our relationship and we never got to spend as much time with each other as much as we used to. Bongchon never spoke a word in my dream. Instead, he would speak to me using body language and just his eyes. What happened was that he and I were in a traditional Korean house that was completely made of wood that was part of the village, and we both were going to spend some quality time together after a while. But just before we were about to sit down, one of the villagers knocked on our door and asked for Bongchon's help. I remember the apologetic look on his face because he knew how long I'd been waiting to be alone with him. 

With that, he left and suddenly, my dream began to shift. My surroundings were soft and bright with vanilla silk sheets flowing above me. I opened my eyes to find that Bongchon was right beside me. Both of us were lying on a soft surface, our heads on white pillows and covered under white sheets. My body was lying on one side facing Bongchon, except this time, he didn't look like a drawing, but like an actual person. His eyes were closed as he was fast asleep, sleeping on his side, facing me. His huge hand was in between our faces and I remember vividly how hard it was to not intertwine my hand with his. I clasped our hands together, which woke him up of course. He first reciprocated the touch of my hand, opened his eyes, and then gave me his gentle smile. At that moment, it was only the two of us and I saw love. I felt his love, his warmth. and his sincerity. I felt safe. No words were exchanged. His eyes told me everything that he couldn't put into words. That was all I needed. 

And then, I woke up from it. I woke up feeling happy and satisfied. I remember telling this dream to two of my best friends on a call and I got emotional from it. I felt emotional because being sincerely and romantically loved by someone is something I've never felt before and something I've always wanted to experience. So, to experience something like this in a dream, although temporary, I was very happy.