𝟹: 𝙲𝙰𝚂𝙴 #𝟷 - - 𝙵𝙰𝚂𝚃 𝚃𝙸𝙼𝙴𝚂 𝙰𝚃 𝚆𝙴𝚂𝚃𝚂𝙸𝙳𝙴 𝙷𝙸𝙶𝙷

Start from the beginning

"Tom?" Judy called out, her voice laced with concern as her brows knitted together.

"Uh, sorry—I blanked," he lied. "How 'bout we get lunch tomorrow? Grab a burger or something?" He quickly added as he began to walk away, giving her no room to question him further.

"... You're on," she agreed, a shallow smile briefly gracing her lips before she sat back down at her desk.

"Great! You can tell me about all the cookies you busted as Officer Milk Carton," Tom threw over his shoulder as he made his way over to his partners. Booker spotted Tom approaching and quickly wrapped up his conversation.

"I'll be in the car," he told Danika, cutting his eyes at Tom before exiting the building.

"Be out in a sec," the young woman called after him before turning around and bumping straight into Tom's chest. "Oh!" She yelped loudly, grabbing the attention of a few nearby officers. "Sorry! I didn't see you!" She apologized, a nervous giggle ripping from her throat as her hands flew up to cover her face. Tom placed his hands on either side of her shoulders to steady the flustered woman.

"Woah, hey, you're alright," Tom assured her with a soft smile. The first thing Tom noticed about the woman in front of him was just how small she was. The top of her head only lined up the slightest bit higher than his shoulders, and the over sized denim jacket she was wearing only made her seem smaller. It swallowed up her thin frame and the cuffs of her long sleeves spilled over her hands.  "Are you Danika Richards?"

She slowly removed her hands from her face, revealing a pair of large, velvety brown eyes.

"Yeah," she answered, letting out another nervous chuckle. "Sorry again. That was totally my fault," she apologized again, but Tom was less focused on her words and more on the way her plump lips shimmered beneath the morning light, coated in a purple gloss that complimented her deep, golden brown skin perfectly.

He was floored.

"Oh, um—hi," he stammered, clearing his throat before he continued

"Oh, um—hi," he stammered, clearing his throat before he continued. "Don't worry about it. I'm Officer Tom Hanson," he introduced, quickly regaining his lost bravado. "Fuller tells me you're on the case with us," he offered his hand to her.

"Yeah, I guess so," she shook Tom's hand. Her hands were small and dainty beneath the denim fabric, and a gold bracelet hung loosely off her wrist, but Tom was surprised to find her hands rough and calloused in certain areas. "That guy, uh—Booker?" She asked unsurely, but didn't give Tom a chance to confirm before she continued speaking. "He was just telling me about it. I was about to go in and meet the Captain,"

Tom nodded along to the conversation as he observed the young officer's fidgety behavior. She was full of anxious giggles and twirled the ends of her hair between her nimble fingers as she spoke. It was clear as day how nervous she was. 

"Uh... what year did you graduate the academy, Richards?" Tom asked skeptically.

"Last year. I just finished up my probationary period last month," she told him, her face beaming.