Chapter 15

As the Granger Family stepped through the door, they were greeted by spotlights shining onto numerous limited edition car models that were rotating on platforms. The glossy wrap of the cars reflected back onto the family, making it seem almost like a mirror.

¨Woah, Kimmy, thats the Phoenix! I saw an advert on it yesterday on television. That's like one of the best cars in the market right now! $2 million for the car itself!¨ Jonah exclaimed, eyes glittering as he pointed at the car resting on platform at the centre of all the other cars. Uncle Thomas seemed to be intrigued by what Jonah was rambling on about. As men will be men, their eyes scanned over potential cars to be bought. Uncle Thomas, Aunt Isabelle's brother, who had been relatively quiet amongst all the family drama, he spotted a car he was immensely interested in and asked for the price. That caught much attention from the rest of the family members. Uncle Thomas owned a restaurant business selling steaks in Central London and was doing relatively well. As his business was flourishing, he had decided to upgrade the family car.

¨Excuse me! How much is this car? I am particularly interested in this.¨ As Draco's blonde head popped out from behind the frosted glass door, he gaped in shock at the Granger family staring at him. ¨Yes, my apologies, the manager is at the back dealing with some supply disruptions. How may I help you?¨ Kimberly snickered and cackled, saying, ¨Oh god, Hermione, you didn't tell us your husband is a lowly car salesman!¨ Kate, who had enough of her sister, muttered under her breath for her to shut up, in turn, causing Kimberly to ignore her.

Draco, trying to keep composed, went on to help Uncle Thomas in his purchase. ¨Ah, good taste. This car has 400 HP and a 200 000 mileage. It has heated seats and a console to control the windows and television panel et cetera. The entire car if were to be paid in cash, would be 5 hundred and 56 thousand dollars.¨ Uncle Thomas, who was thoroughly impressed, immediately said, ¨Ill take it.¨ Draco grinned and shook Uncle Thomas's hand firmly and guided him to the office to settle the paperwork.

As the duo exited the office after 30 minutes, Uncle Thomas was holding the keys to his brand new car, beaming at his wife. However, in Draco's hand, he was gripping another carkey tightly. Chuckling, he teased Hermione, ¨Hi babe, I didn't know you were going to be visiting me at my office.¨ Before Hermione could reply, Aunt Isabelle cut in saying, ¨Yes, Draco, I didn't know you were working as a car salesman here. My husband also works here as a manager, you know. He has some connections with the owner, Devon Myles. Maybe Joseph can help you get promoted.¨

As if it were not obvious enough, Aunt Isabelle's voice dripped in sarcasm and had a mocking tone as she spoke. Draco rolled his eyes inwardly and whispered to Hermione, ¨Don't say anything. I got this.¨ Hearing Draco's words, Hermione nodded and merely frowned in reaction to her Aunt's words.

¨Oh, dear aunt-in-law... There's no need for that, but thanks for the offer though. I just so happen to own this company and dealership and seems to be your dear husband's employer. I definitely work here, sitting in the office on the top floor. I was simply going to ask for dear Grandmother Eleanor's permission to take my wife on a drive in HER soon-to-be personal car.¨ Smirking, he clicked a button on his phone and the windows seemed to turn completely opaque. The back of the wall behind the displayed cars raised up, revealing the cars Draco had collected over the years. It had been Draco's hobby and coping method to deal with the trauma caused by Lucius. The model of the cars were just as impressive as the sheer number of them.

Some notable models many would recognise included the Lamborghini Veneno, Aston Martin V12 Vantage S 'Spitfire 80', Rolls Royce Boat Tail, Bugatti La Voiture Noire, Mercedes-Maybach Exelero and the well known Bugatti Chiron Super Sport.

Draco's private car garage:

Envious at Draco's car collection, the Granger family all had their jaws on the floor

Envious at Draco's car collection, the Granger family all had their jaws on the floor. Uncle Joseph spat, ¨Well, you're a stupid one aren't you? This is a surefire way for car thieves to successfully steal your cars.¨ Hearing his words, Draco burst into laughter, retaliating his cutting remark with, ¨Of course you're right. This is not a real car garage. This a 4d projected image into a empty room to mislead thieves. My real cars are in a place somewhere else safe and sound which I would not be that gullible to share in this room. This is simply and illusion.¨ Looking at Uncle Joseph's purple face, he could have sworn that the vein in his forehead had already popped.

¨However, I do wish to bring Hermione on a drive.¨ Clicking his car key, the door of the Phoenix automatically opened. Grandmother Eleanor immediately nodded and shoo-ed Hermione towards Draco. ¨Bye, my dear! We will finish shopping and meet you back at the hotel for dinner!¨ Grandmother Eleanor ushered the family out of the building like a mother hen, to leave Hermione alone with Draco.

¨Well, you never fail to impress me, my love.¨ Hermione smiled softly, hugging Draco tightly. ¨I could recognise that 'save-me-from-this' expression anywhere. Let's escape for a moment and go on a drive. I want to show you something...¨

The couple got into the car and sped into the distance, with Hermione feeling utterly confused as to where her husband was bringing her to.

________________________________
Author's note: Hello!! Happy April Fool's! I hope you like this chapter~ Do remember to vote and follow. It helps me out alot <33