Chapter 7

As Draco and Hermione pulled up to the café, the rest of the family were already seated with drinks on the table, of course, other than Aunt Isabelle and her family. The waiter ushered them to their seats at the long table, providing the couple with 2 glasses of champagne, on the house, for their frequent patronage. Though, Hermione's extended family did not need to know that.

Just then, Hermione's ringtone reverberated through her airpods. The name Pansy <3 lit up on the screen. Hermione instantly accepted the call. "Hello, Pans! What's up?" "Girl, the two Weasleys just asked you to go to dinner with them, with Draco . Emmy just texted me about that. What the actual f- OKAY, so, accept or decline?" Hermione peeked at her extended family through her lashes and replied, "Accept. I am actually curious about what will happen. Schedule a dinner plan with Ron at Elvet Steakhouse. Tell them to follow the dress code. Thanks Pans, you're the best!" Pansy chuckled, saying, "I know I am! Talk to you later, babe. Tah-tah." The duo said their goodbyes and ended the call. At that point, Aunt Isabelle and her family entered the restaurant, shoving the waitresses aside as they strutted to the table.

Kimberly half collapsed on the seat, along with Jonah, complaining, "What the hell. We had to walk all the way here because there were no taxis. Ugh." Aunt Isabelle threw disapproving looks to the couple and sat down beside her husband. The waitress arrived to take their order as soon as they were seated. The family recited a lengthy list of dishes they desired before she scurried off to give the kitchen their order. As the waitress left, chatter arose among the family.

"Hermioneeeeee," Kimberly's annoying voice started, "I saw your new car just now, tell us how you landed a man that can buy such expensive gifts for you." Grandmother Eleanor's eyebrows rose in curiosity, turning around to face her granddaughter. "Well, my dear husband was my enemy in school, up until we graduated. He helped through so much and we run a business together. For his birthday, I also gave him a Bugatti, so, fair trade, don't you think?" Hermione smiled as she replied. Grandmother Eleanor chuckled, responding, "My Hermione has grown! I'm highly impressed, my dear!"

Jonah suddenly cut in, "Hold up, what model though? I love cars as well." Draco glanced at Hermione and smirked, "a Bugatti La Voiture Noire" Jonah's mouth dropped open in absolute shock. "Draco, dude, ain't that car mad expensive? Limited Edition, I believe?" Draco nodded and answered, "Of course, that's why I love Hermione. I treat her well, she treats me well."

Kimberly rolled her eyes so hard, she could have sworn she saw her brain. In contrast, Jonah was practically staring at Draco with glittering stars in his eyes. "Mate, you've got to tell me what job you landed." Draco laughed in amusement and continued to entertain Jonah's never-ending stream of questions. Meanwhile, the food arrived and everyone started digging in. To say delectable was an understatement as the dishes came perfectly plated, paired with the taste and ambience of the restaurant. Kate suddenly said, "I have an announcement." The chatter paused and all eyes turned to Kate, who has been keeping relatively quiet so far.

"I-Im engaged! Michael proposed to me last month!" Applause and whistles reverberated across the entire restaurant as people from other tables heard the news and joined in. Aunt Isabelle froze, petrified from shock, and so did Uncle Joseph. "Kate Granger! I told you to break up with him years ago. He was as poor as a dirt mouse and barely makes 10k a month! I am absolutely embarrassed of you! A disgrace!" Hearing her mothers' words, Kate was on the verge of breaking into tears in the middle of the restaurant. It was absolutely heartbreaking but somehow, Kate knew that cutting comment would surface up. Hermione noticed tears welling up in her eyes and Hermione could tolerate many things, but not discrimination.

"Why should Kate break up with someone she really loves? Its bullshit. It's an honourable fact that he is working hard to support their future and for Kate to stay beside him despite him not having much. You are awful, Aunt Isabelle. Discrimination is absolutely rubbish." Hermione furiously retaliated. Aunt Isabelle's eyebrows furrowed and her face turned purple. Almost reminding Hermione about Uncle Vernon's face when Harry was escaping. Grandmother Eleanor clearly sensed the surmountable tension building up and tried to diffuse it. "Let's stop the chatter, come on, eat. I heard the food has great reviews." Aunt Isabelle continuously threw dirty looks towards Hermione throughout the meal, but in contrast, Kate smiled gratefully and mouthed a quick 'thank you' before going back to eating her food.

As they were all finishing up their desserts, Uncle Thomas announced the itinerary for tomorrow. "Tomorrow, we are going to the private beach near the hotel. We booked it for one whole day so no one will be there! Don't be late." The family murmured a quick 'okay' before Grandmother Eleanor asked for the check. Hearing that, the rest of the family shifted their eyes warily, unusually focused on the tablecloth. Obviously, multiple people doing the exact same motion at once did not go unnoticed.

After the bill was paid for, by Grandmother Eleanor, of course, the Granger family went their respective ways and some went back to the hotel. Other than, of course, Aunt Isabelle and her family which refused to let Hermione call them a ride. Before she got into the car, Kate went up to Hermione and earnestly thanked Hermione for her actions. For once in 26 years, she saw a hint of genuinity and gratefulness in her cousin's eyes.

__________________
Author's note: Hey! Another update! I know it was not very good but give me some votes and follow please! Love yall~ mwah<3