Chapter 23 - Best Friends

Start from the beginning

When Helena dressed Martha up, she took her to a hair salon and waited as Martha was worked on. When she was done, Helena covered her mouth with both hands at how much of a difference it made.

~

In the afternoon, a few hours after Ms Hudson had left the hospital, Natalie was no longer present as she had left to meet her friends, which was an opportunity for her to brag about her wedding dress.

Ethan had gone with his mother to her residence and he believed she was in such a fragile state that he told her he would do everything for her, which included meetings and everything else that was urgent. He wished to take full responsibility because he wanted her to recover and he believed it was all for the best.

She was aware just how guilty he still felt and would do anything to make up for it. Having him take care of everything she needed to do was a way she planned to keep him close as much as possible.

She even reminded him of their agreement concerning Olivia and he still seemed hesitant but nodded as he assured her that he would work on it as soon as possible.

To not speak too much about Olivia, he asked her to brief him on the meetings he would have to attend instead and as she watched him take notes, she was glad he was back on his side.

~

With his mother out of the hospital, Ethan contemplated whether or not he would check on Pete and finally decided on going to him.

When opened the door and noticed Pete's aunt first, he could feel her glare right from where he stood but only rolled his eyes, not intimidated in any way. 

When Pete looked at the doorway and saw Ethan, he asked his aunt to give the two of them a moment alone.

She feared that another fight would break out and as such, refused to leave but Pete chuckled and assured her no such thing would happen since Ethan was calm.

When she finally agreed to it, she walked past Ethan with a warning but he only scoffed, making Pete's aunt shake her head with disbelief at his disrespect.

When it was just the two of them, Ethan closed the door and Pete raised his head but groaned in pain and returned to his resting position.

"Looks like it'll take a while before I can move my head as I please."

Ethan approached the bed and crossed his arms. "You seemed a little restless just now. Were you scared I might extend your stay in this hospital?"

"Not at all. I don't plan on provoking you. Alright....since you're here,  how about we start from the party you ruined? I spent so much money on those girls."

"Are you trying to piss me off by talking about irrelevant stuff right now?"

"Then what's relevant? The fact that you beat me up over someone you don't even love?"

"I wasted my time coming here," said Ethan as he faced the other side to leave.

"Wait, you can't just ignore this. Look at what you did to me. I've never seen you so angry and violent. You and I had never come to blows before. Putting me in the hospital for someone who's expecting your baby? I highly doubt it."

"How do you feel?"

"We're not done talking about Olivia. Do you know what triggered you to hit me?"

"Unbelievable...no, what was it?" asked Ethan, annoyed that Pete kept bringing it up.

"You only hit me after I told you I love Olivia."

"Now that you've gotten that off your chest, how do you f-"