24. 𝘖𝘩 𝘧*𝘤𝘬 𝘮𝘦, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘐 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯 𝘴*𝘹𝘶𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺.

Song: If this was a movie by Taylor Swift

**

~ Asher Alexander Bernardi ~

I once heard that 'the grass is greener on the other side', I actually think it was Kyan that showed me that saying for the first time.

What if the grass is only greener on the other side because it's non stop raining over there, it's gloomy and cold constantly. It's not the sunshine and rainbows people make it out to be.

It's where the one who fails to give, doesn't have much to spare.

Where the people with room brightening smiles have tear soaked pillows.

Where the bravest people you have ever or will ever know are crippled with fear and anxiety.

The other side is filled with lonely people who are never seen alone.

A place where those that lack true shelter are also those that make you feel most at home.

The grass is definitely greener on the other side but the weather is awful.

Is it really worth it?

The other side isn't what they make it out to be.

It's not this place where everyone is happier but rather a place everyone learned to pretend to be happier.

That's the difference.

"Good Morning Asher." Domenico says as I finally walk into the kitchen.

"What are you doing here?" I question, which in my opinion seems pretty valid, we are meant to be going to school and I haven't seen Salvatore just yet.

"Quinn and Salvatore had to head to school early to get to the library for a history project and I told them I would pick you up so he didn't have to wake you up earlier than you normally do."

"You don't have to do that, I can walk... It's really not all that far."

"Nonsense. I want to drive you." Is this some kind of pity ride? I don't need or want pity.

"You're a strange dude Domenico."

"Thank you?"

"Mmhmm... You're welcome... Is Dahlia here?"

"She just left a few minutes ago."

"Okay... let me just make my tea and then we can go."

"That's no problem, I can wait."

Weird.

**

"I don't get paid enough for this." The teacher — in which I can't remember the name of — mumbles as she attempts to quiet down the room of overly energetic teenagers. "Okay class settle down so we can begin the lesson plan. It has come to my attention that a lot of you aren't very social with those outside your inner circle so I was to propose a partner project."