22. 𝘐'𝘮 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶, 𝘬𝘪𝘥.

Song: Save Myself by Ed Sheeran 

**

~ Alessandro Diego Bernardi ~

Anyone can have a child and call themselves a parent. However, real parents are the ones who put that child above their own selfish needs and wants.

My father was a parent. He was incredible, always making sure his kids were well even after he found out all the shit Maria was doing behind his back... Everything got put on hold and he was demanding a divorce even though his marriage was a business deal between the Italians and Spanish. He didn't care how breaking off the marriage would affect his business.

Unfortunately he was killed before he could sign the papers, fortunately she's off spending his money on the other side of the world and hopefully we never have to deal with her again.

My father was the kind of dad you have and you think, 'I wish I could be half the dad he is one day'.

But then Maria is the reason I could never see myself having a kid.

I try my best with Asher but it's a bit different when it's your own child.

I hope to be at least half as good as my dad but there's always going to be that small part of me that wonders if I'll end up being more like Maria.

"I have been summoned." My gorgeous wife states in a joking tone as she enters my office.

"That you have. I'm planning on telling Asher about the mafia and I need you here for both moral support and because you're slightly less intimidating so it may help Ash a bit more."

"Hey! I can be intimidating."

"Yes you can be, but at first glance you're just a cute little Koala bear."

"I'm not little." Dahlia huffs.

"You're adorable."

"Fine. I'll let you have that one. Back to the reason you called me in here... Are you sure you want to tell him about the business?"

"He's going to find out at some point, and the De Luca's are going to be here fore dinner. I would rather him learn the news from me rather than it accidentally come out at the table."

"I think that's a good idea. The quicker it gets done the quicker we can deal with the outcome. It will be fine though." She replies, I really can't tell if she's trying to convince me or her though.

"I sure hope so."