20. 𝘚𝘦𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘴 𝘤𝘢𝘯'𝘵 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘺 𝘴𝘦𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘵 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳

Song: Little Toy Guns by Carrie Underwood

**

~ Third Person ~

~ Third Person ~

Nobody understands the bond between Alessandro and Asher Bernardi.

Perhaps they don't even understand the almost instant bond they felt, at least not yet.

Nobody even realizes that the sixteen year old boy who struggles in his own skin and the thirty-two year old mafia boss are the same in so many ways.

Maybe they don't even fully realize that fact.

Your family is supposed to be your safe haven, but very often it's really the place where we find the deepest heartaches, perhaps that is one lesson both the boys know far too well — even if they don't know it just yet.

When everyone was too busy yelling throughout the hospital, and Quinn was contemplating murdering every single one of them, Alessandro was informed that Asher was awake.

He didn't waste any time and rushed straight to the young boys room, undetected by his brothers.

Walking straight to the boy on the bed, staring at the plain white walls.

Alessandro hated how cold the room felt, he just wanted to get his Asher out of that room and home — where he belongs.

Where he always belonged.

Where he never should have been removed from, and he won't rest until he finds out how Asher was taken from them to begin with.

Sitting on the bed and attempting to brush his hair out of his face with his fingers, only to receive a violent flinch from Asher — he was caught off guard and didn't even hear Alessandro enter the room.

"I'm not going to hurt you Ash. Can you come here?" Alessandro asks as he opens his arms, welcoming the smaller boy into his arms.

Asher never understood why he liked hugs and to be held so much, even Kyan never understood it.

They both always figured he would hate human touch with all the shit he has been put through, and in a way that's true, but if he doesn't feel threatened by you... He won't turn down a hug.

Crawling over to Alessandro as his arms wrapped around him and he rested his head on Sandro's shoulder.

They stayed like that for a minute before the silence was broken.

"You don't have to tell me anything, okay? But I really want to help you and I can't help you if I don't know how you got hurt or what runs through that head of yours." Alessandro says in a soft tone — one even he didn't realize he was capable of mustering up.

To both of their surprise Asher gave a light nod against the older man's shoulder, if there was anyone Asher would talk about this with, it would be Alessandro. Even if he doesn't quite know why.