16. 𝘛𝘩𝘢𝘵'𝘴 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘳𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘱𝘶𝘭𝘭 𝘮𝘦 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬.

Song: Numb by Linkin Park

**

~ Asher Alexander Bernardi ~

"Gender roles are bullshit anyway." I hear Rocco state.

"Gender roles? I prefer pizza rolls." I hear Quinn suddenly say, I've noticed they are quite loud and I'm not even sure if they mean it, oddly enough they still manage to feel comforting.

Don't ask me how that works, I'm not a scientist. I'm too dyslexic for that shit.

"Oh hi Asher!" Quinn shouts, causing all of the attention to turn on me. I really wish they didn't do that. "I hope you're having a good morning so far, I slept over so Sal will be driving us both to school, I made Pancakes... Or Rocco made Pancakes and I threw an egg at him but eh close enough, I need to go yell at Salvatore to make him hurry his ass up before he makes us late so excuse me."

"The good thing about Quinn — they talk enough for everyone in the room" Mattia says.

I didn't even realize he was in the same room.

"Come on, I'll fix you a plate, according to the entire internet breakfast is the most important meal of the day." Rocco pipes in while walking towards the kitchen.

**

Perhaps they were onto something when they started teaching kids how to play hangman, although most of these kids never took in the true lesson behind that game.

It's far more than a guessing game. 

I mean seriously, it's a game that makes you hang a stick figure from some form of pole or rod every time you say the wrong thing.

I truthfully don't think many people even take note of the symbolism here.

If you are one to turn and face the other way when you see someone being bullied, you are no better than the person doing the bullying.

Do you not understand how damaging that is?

How much that shit sticks with you?

Whoever said 'words would never hurt me' was right but also so incredibly wrong.

Words take more lives than any weapon could.

"Asher!" I hear Amelia shout over the crowds of the cafeteria.

Curious as to why she is actually speaking with me I decide to walk over, which may or may not be a massive mistake in the grand scheme of things but I will allow that to be future Asher's problem for now.

"I wasn't sure if you heard me over the obnoxious screaming the teenagers in the far corner seem to do, you would think a pizza gremlin bit off their dicks because they wouldn't pass over their pizza, you always seem so lonely — well over the few times I have seen you, you're always alone. Everyone needs someone in their corner... These are my friends. Friend's this is Asher, his pronouns are he and him