11. 𝘚𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘢𝘪𝘯

Song: Why'd you leave? by Sik World

**

~ Dario Lee Bernardi ~

I don't miss it.

I don't miss the way Asher refuses to make eye contact.

I don't miss the way Asher flinches or tenses when somebody brushes up against him.

I don't miss the way Asher's voice never raises over a whisper.

I don't miss the way his hands begin to shake if eyes remain on him for too long. 

I don't miss how he never leaves his room — and when he does he tries to go back just as quick.

I don't miss the way he fidgets and pulls his sleeves over his hands when he begins to feel overwhelmed or the way he limps ever so slightly when he thinks nobody is watching.

I don't miss how small he is, even with the body of a sixteen year old girl he shouldn't be so small, even the women in our family reach close to six feet — or even over six feet.

I don't miss the way his clothes seem to swallow him whole — although the large shirts may be worn with the intention to hide his chest which isn't uncommon with people who are female to male transgender.

I don't miss the jagged breathing, and I don't miss the way he seems to fear everyone in this house.

I'm a doctor, of course I recognize the signs but I can't exactly hold him down or interrogate him either so it's just a waiting game.

I just hope he will be comfortable enough to come to me or Aless when he's ready.

~ Alessandro Diego Bernardi ~

"Hey babe?"

"Yes Dahlia? Is everything okay?"

"Oh yes, everything is fine, you worry too much. I was just wondering why Salvatore seems to be sulking."

"I honestly have no clue, ever since Ash came home he had been even more pissy than normal and I think it has been ticking off Quinn so I believe they probably got into another fight and if I know anything about Quinn, they will ignore him and make him suffer before showing up and raiding our fridge as 'compensation'."