10. 𝘈𝘭𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘳𝘰'𝘴 𝘸𝘪𝘧𝘦

Song: I deserve to bleed by Sushi Souci

**

~ Alessandro Diego Bernardi ~

"Hello my darling husband," My wife — Dahlia — states in her 'you're sleeping on the patio chair in the backyard tonight' voice.

The fuck did I even do this time?

"Welcome home my love, how was your business trip?"

"Don't 'how was your business trip' with me, why did I just find out that the boy you have been calling me to talk about from the second he was found doesn't seem to know I exist."

She must have just ran into Asher... Shit..

"I'm assuming you met Asher..." I trail off. As if the answer wasn't obvious.

A smart man knows his wife is far more deadly than he could ever be, no matter who you are. She genuinely scares me sometimes.

"Sort of, he ran into me in the hallway — for some reason covered in something like flour, he didn't say anything but he looked royally fucking confused when I mentioned my name, and even more confused when I said I was your wife. Care to explain?"

"Yeah..." I breathe out, "he's already anxious and on edge I didn't want to freak him out, plus I thought you would have been gone a few more days so I was hoping he would be able to get comfortable before I had to throw yet another curve ball at him."

"I wanted to surprise you."

"I'm not blaming you Lia, I'm glad you're home. I'm just worried about Asher." I respond truthfully, Dahlia is the only person I feel I can truly be myself around — there is no judgment.

"I know you are babe, he will be okay. Right now it's a massive adjustment but he has us and I know for a fact you will do anything in your power to help him get more comfortable and I'll be by your side the entire time."

"You really are amazing, you know that?" I question in a low voice as I wrap my arms around her small waist.

"I know." She giggles, "I love you Andy."

"I love you too Lia."

"How about we take a shower and then I can meet the little Bernardi formally at dinner once things have settled slightly?"

"You don't have to ask me twice."

**