08. 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘶𝘯𝘯𝘦𝘭 𝘥𝘰𝘦𝘴𝘯'𝘵 𝘴𝘦𝘦𝘮 𝘵𝘰 𝘦𝘹𝘪𝘴𝘵.

Song: Temporary Home by Carrie Underwood

**

~ Asher Alexander Bernardi ~

"You broke a rule Emily."

That's not my name.

"Do you know what happens to little girls that break rules?"

I'm not a girl.

"Answer me!"

"They get punished." I whisper — I don't want to break another rule.

"Good girl." Sir mumbles while trailing my thigh, his touch gives me the ick. I don't dare say anything though, the last time I said anything while he was lining my body with his fingertips he ended up stabbing my thigh with his favorite knife then proceeded to dump boiling water on the fresh wound and I could hardly apply pressure to my leg much less walk for two months.

Mistake. Mistake. Mistake.

"Do you know which rule you broke?" He asks seductively.

I don't but I'm also not allowed to say 'no', it's a rule.

"It's okay sexy, I will tell you anyway... You woke up late and my breakfast wasn't on the table until 6:01 AM. I warned you my darling."

"I'm sorry, I will do better next time."

"I'm sure you will but for now, you can be my pretty little whore, I miss the way your pussy feels wrapped around my dick." He mumbles as his fingers go up higher on my leg.

Don't say no.

**

"The reason you can never go home again isn't necessarily that places change, but people do. So nothing ever looks the same." ~ Lauren Oliver

Children without families are the most vulnerable people in the world.

I will always just be the foster kid even if I'm not technically in the system anymore, it's only a matter of time before they choose to send me back.

Before they realize I'm not worth the hassle.

Or before they decide to keep me and just use me as their personal plaything, it was nice to go a full day without being 'punished' but how long will it last?

If I keep my head down and obey every single one of their rules I may be able to make it to eighteen and Kyan and I can run off and never look back.

Kids in foster care suffer from PTSD at almost twice the rate of returning war veterans.