Chapter 11

"Do you like me?" He asked, turning around, looking hurt and in pain almost.

She looked at him confused, her eyes a little red from earlier and her nose pink, making her seem equally sad.

"What do you mean?" She let his hand go.

"You never seem to care whatever I do." He said, "When I told you that I was forced to become an assassin-" He turned around and ran his hand in his hair.

"Why would that matter if I don't care whether or not if you were a bad person!" She yelled and turned him around, "I thought you would be equally shocked if I told you I was related to a mafia, but we both hid our surprise.

"I'm sorry-" He slowly pulled her into a hug, "-I can't be sure enough of me. I still doubt everyone around me." He whispered.
She hugged him back, "I cried, and you didn't is the only difference-We're both trying to find our rightful places."

He let her go after a while when he saw the sun rise.
She turned around while he hugged her from the back, and they silently watched the sun rise through the clear windows that touched the ceilings.

"I think it is because I met my father yesterday." He mumbled, "It still disturbs me quite a lot when I remember he was the one who shoved me into darkness."

"You can't hate a person." She whispered.

"Why not?" His brows furrowed.

"I detest my parents now that I know that they decided to ignore my nightmares and trauma, but you still keep by your father's side..." She smiled sadly.

They stood there for a while until Rosa's phone rang again. She was confused to see an unknown number but picked it up regardless. She was worried but expected a work related call.

She was proved utterly wrong when a familiar voice spoke.

"Rosa! I'm sorry I wasn't in touch lately." He spoke.

"Eduardo..." She mumbled, "How about we meet sometime?" She said carefully and gulped.

Niccolo loosened her grip around her and frowned as he put his ear to the phone.

"I'm sorry, signorina, I have to attend a wedding of a business tycoon soon." He sighed, "I really wish to see you too, but as long as Marco is doing his job, I'll be at peace." He laughed on the other side.

Rosa frowned as she turned around to look at the analogue clock in her office.

"How's the weather?" She started, "I'm heading to Canada soon."

"Oh... It's been a while in the noon, though it's still quite hotter than you'd expect." He groaned, "How about we talk later, miss?"

"Soon then." She said before hanging up.

"Noon, he was lying." She walked to her desk and fell onto the chair, "But it could be anywhere." She mumbled as she started her computer.

"What? I don't understand." Niccolo came towards her desk, and she turned the monster for him to see a world map with time markings on the meridians.

"He said it was hot, but it was really just cold. Noon would mean evening, probably. He lies about everything." She sighed as she clicked around different places in Europe to see the climate, "I figured that out when it was his first call."

"He lied about what?" Niccolo took a seat in front of her desk and looked intently at the screen.

"That he was in church, but he missed the timing. His cake was ready." She worked with the 3D globe.

"Probably -4 GMT if you're very sure. It would be around 6 or 7 in the evening there..." He suggested.

"But there are so many-- wait, did some business person die or is celebrating something?" She tried to remember, "Fiona Keighley!" She slammed her palm on the desk.

"Yeah, she's an American designer celebrating her wedding anniversary. We were sent an invitation too-- obviously-- but you refused." He added.

"Can we make it? Where is the party?" She shut down the computer and stood up.

"We can if we stay longer in Canada." He said as his eyes went after her to the door.

"He was hesitant when I mentioned I was going to Canada." She opened the door, and Niccolo ran after her, "I ruined it!" She hissed.

"Try texting him that you'll probably won't go around there because of a messy client." He suggested, to which Rosa hummed as she got into the empty elevator.

They reached the ground in silence as Rosa's anxiety seemed to have had gotten the better out of her because she had started rubbing and fumbling her fingers.

"Rosa," He held her hand, "even if it is for a short while-- I want to make good memories with you. I'll be with you during all of it, don't worry." He smiled.

She chuckled and brought his hand to her lips, "All the more reason to be worried though." She muttered.

They walked to the parking and got to their respective cars after bidding goodbyes.
________

Messy chapter. Wrote in sleep. Very demotivated for some reason.
________