Volume 7: Tragedy

Jaiden ran over to Pyra, the Grandmaster, and Yuki with tears flowing down his face. He turned to Nathaniel, with a shocked look on his face.

"Nathaniel! What happened?"

The man sat down, pressing his fingers against his face in shock.

"I don't know anymore, Jaiden. Constantine... I gave her my trust, and she betrayed me in the blink of an eye. I loved her, I know I shouldn't have, but I loved her! And then I saw people in the distance. That's when your Grandmaster found me."

Yang looked down at the man and softly smiled.

"We're taking him back with us, and these two."

One girl stepped forward with a smile. Her hair was light blue, her eyes having a similar shade of blue, only in a darker tone. Her dress had no skirt, as if it were a fancy suit more than anything. Specifically tailored to aid one in combat.

"Hey! You must be Jaiden, right? My name's Sophia Anemo. I'm the leader of Gustland. Pyra over here talks the world of you!"

Jaiden's face went red at the mention of being the topic of conversation. He looked over to Pyra, who had an awkward smile on her face.

"I don't talk that much about ya, I swear!"

Jaiden ran over to the girl, embracing her in his arms.

"Pyra! You're okay! You look scratched up though, did anything happen?"

The girl chuckled, unsheathing her sword.

"Well, I learned a few new things about my crysenergy I didn't know before."

Jaiden looked at the sword in amazement, it was chipped all over, but seemingly welded back together by some kind of magic. The welds were messy, but it held. A boy in a black kimono walked over, with blue hair and a pair of earmuffs. He smiled softly at Milo and Seer, quietly speaking.

"Hey guys, long time no see."

Milo ran over and hugged the man, scratching the blue haired head with his hand.

"Koi Oto! I can't even remember the last time you said hey to me like that!

Seer walked over with a smirk.

"Hey, Koi. What's going on?"

Before the fellow Goruju could respond, a blond haired man walked out from behind the Grandmaster and smiled.

"Hey! If it isn't Mr. Tough guy!"

Seer snarled out of annoyance.

"Lance."

Jaiden turned to Yuki, who had a smile on her face for once. She was standing next to a woman who looked a few years older than her. Their hair was similar in color, but her eyes were purple. She had on a light coat of lipstick, and her outfit was similar to Sophia's. Black, with fancy entrails and other designs, but still allowing for combat.

"Yuki! I'm so glad you're okay!"

The girl in black stepped forward, glaring at Jaiden. But instead of speaking to him, she instead walked over to the Raven. Yuki scratched her head and shrugged.

"There's a lot more about my family I didn't know about before. Jaiden, this is my sister! Yuri. I didn't know that there was another member of the family still alive, but my expectations were subverted."

Yuri looked down at Jaiden with a more watchful eye. She smiled, and waved.

"Hello. Jaiden, is it? Yuki's talked about you these past couple days."