Chapter 15

TW MENTIONS OF SUICIDE/ SUICIDE ATTEMPT

"We have to go to Berry Tree." I close my locker and turn to Marcus. "Why?" "Because I have to say hi to my girlfriend." I freeze as my eyes widen. "Why am I just hearing about this? Am I not your best friend?" He shrugs. "I just forgot to tell you." "That is not good enough. If I got a girlfriend, you would be the first person I tell." He sighs. "I'm so very sorry, Andie. Will you ever be able to forgive me?" "Not when you apologize like that." He rolls his eyes and grabs my hand dragging me to Berry Tree.

Max groans when she sees him. He stops beside Ginny kissing the side of her head. "Hey, Poo." She smiles. "Hi." Max and I gag at the same time. Marcus rolls his eyes. "Well, this has been fun. Are you ready to go?" She nods. "Yeah, let's go." They walk away and Norah yells after them. "Keep going, kids! You're doing great! Aw!" I'm about to walk away when Abby stops me. "Hey, Cass?" I turn. "Yeah?" "How much trouble are you in with Joe?" I shrug. "He hasn't texted me that we need to talk so I would say I'm doing pretty good."

Just after I say that, my phone beeps. I pull it out and it's a message from Joe saying we need to talk. I sigh. "Spoke too soon. I'll see you around." I walk away and go sit with Silver at Red. That afternoon I walk into work and see Joe talking to Nick and Georgia so I try to sneak past him. "Cassandra Josephine Hansen, don't even think about it." My eyes widen as I freeze. Georgia looks at him. "If this is about the party at my house, don't get too mad at her. Nothing was damaged and my kid isn't even in trouble." "I don't care about the party. She told me she was going to a party. This is about something else." "Oh, what is it then?" "None of your concern. Go wait for me in the storage room."

I walk away quickly. I'm scared now. I have no idea what he wants to talk to me about. A few minutes later, he walks in. "Do you know  what we're here to talk about?" I shake my head. "Okay, let me give you a hint. Therapy." I sigh as I look down. "Why have you been skipping therapy since thanksgiving? And apparently deleting every email Dr Stan has sent me." I look away from him. "Sandra, the only way I can help you is if you talk to me." I sit down and he sits beside me. "I just haven't really been feeling like talking about my feelings. And I really didn't want to go back last year's situation where it was just me being quiet and him trying to get me to open up. That was exhausting."

"Well, you could have talked to me. We would have figured things out." I look down. "I know, I'm sorry." "You're going this week." I nod. "Okay." He stands up before helping me up. We leave the storage room and Padma and Ginny are standing there. "Are you okay?" I shrug. "I'm good." Marcus walks in and Padma smiles awkwardly. "Hey." "Hey." She walks away and I watch after her sadly. Ginny and I look at each other and Ginny moves forward. "What's up?" "You have to go." He looks at her confused. "What? Why?" 

She glances at Padma and he catches on. "What-- Padma and I are cool." I raise my eyebrows at that. Is that what he thinks. I look at him. "Just go." He looks at me betrayed and Ginny nods. "She doesn't need to be tormented while she's working. Also I'm having dinner at my dad's tonight, so come over after?" She grabs him and they start walking away when Georgia stops them. I stop paying attention and start doing my work. That is until I hear Georgia say Joe's name. 

"Joe, you can still cater, right?" "Oh. Uh, no, sorry. Yeah, would have loved to, but that is the night that Blue Farm is hosting its very first open mic night." I look at him confused and Padma turns to him excited. "Wait, really? Oh my god. Okay, so I can make posters. Right?" He nods slowly. "Okay, great." The next day, Roxie smiles at me as I enter the office. "Cassie, dear, it's been awhile." I smile. "Hi, Roxie." "Dr Stan is just finishing off with his current client but he will be with you soon." 

I sit in the waiting room and Abby exits Dr Stan's office. She freezes as she sees me. "Hey, Cass." I smile. "Hey, Abby." Dr Stan looks at me in surprise for a split second before clearing his face of emotion. Abby walks out and I walk into his office sitting down on the couch. We sit in silence for a few seconds before I sigh. "I would like to apologize. I stopped coming without a warning or anything. I'm sorry I wasted your time." He nods. "Are you okay?" "I just... I wasn't ready to talk about my feelings." "Are you ready now?"