Chapter 6

The next morning at school, I'm exhausted. Ellen wasn't the least bit surprised when I climbed down their stairs cause I'm honestly at their house all the time. Anytime I'm not there is unusual. When I get to school, I spot Abby talking to Ginny. She beckons me over and I go sit on the hand of the seat she's sitting on. "Yes?" She points at Ginny.

I look at Ginny and I raise my eyebrows. "Do you have any good therapist suggestions?" My eyes widen in surprise, so do Abby's. "Why would you think that?" "Well you live with your godfather meaning something happened with your parents. So you must go to therapy. Also you just look like the type of person to take therapy."

I look at her and then I shake my head. "I'm going." I walk away. Imagine I didn't see a therapist. I catch Marcus's arm and make him walk beside me. "Do you know what you're girlfriend said to me?" He looks at me confused. "I don't have a girlfriend." "Fine you're sneaky hook-up, Ginny." He nods. "What did she say?" "She asked me for therapy suggestions cause I look like the type of person to take therapy." He stops in his tracks.

"She said what?!" "I know, that is such a bitchy thing to say to someone." "Are you ok?" I chuckle. "Oh I'm fine. She's not gonna have me doing her work at the cafe anymore." He looks at me confused. "You do her work?" I shrug. "Well not really. When she's busy talking to her little friends about all their useless drama, I do what she's meant to be doing." He smiles. "What an angelic person you are." I pat his cheek. "I know."

After school I'm at work and true to my word I barely do Ginny's work for her. She's left running around doing what she's supposed to do instead of talking to MAN. Abby waves when she sees me and that makes my day.

Suddenly Ginny stalks back to Joe and looks at him. "Can I take a break until tomorrow?" I hope that shit ain't serious. Joe and I look at where she's looking and she's glaring at this lady who's sitting at MAN's table.

She does in fact go home and I go to Marcus's house cause I'm actually not allowed to work at night because of drunk adult males. It's not safe. I got felt up by one once, it's not fun. I lie down on Marcus's bed eating potato chips. Marcus grabs my hand and drags me with him. I groan as he brings me into Max's room which of course Ginny is in.

I really don't like her right now. He tells Max that they're on their own for dinner cause Ellen is working. I love Ellen's cooking so I'm sad I don't get to have some. He takes a look at Ginny's face and he looks at her in concern. "You ok?" So much for loyalty. She sighs. "Not really." Please don't ask, please don't ask..... "What's up?" He just had to ask. Max makes a face. "None of yo business!" Marcus and I both screw up our faces.

She sighs and tells us the truth. Her mum has a secret sister, her brother is Ted Bundy and her mum's parents are in fact not dead. I nod my head. That sounds like it would be an interesting show or a book whatever works best. But Marcus is a softie and tells her it sucks which then encourages her to talk more. Yay. Note the sarcasm. Then her phone starts ringing. She answers snd she sounds so annoyed.

She says she's gotta go back to her house to babysit and somehow I'm dragged along. Why is this happening to me? Somehow I end up playing The Floor is Lava with three teens and two little boys. I sit on the table beside Ginny as I listen to Marcus say something about girl monkeys and boy dogs.

I'm honestly not paying attention until I feel someone tap me. I look up and see Ginny. "Hey I wanted to say that I'm sorry for what I said earlier today. It was out of line." I look at her and shrug. "Whatever it's fine." "No it's not, it wasn't cool for me to say that." I shrug again.

"It doesn't matter that much Ginny, I'm over it." She smiles. "Ok friends?" I shrug. "Sure." Suddenly Joe walks in with two very drunk ladies who are revealed to be Georgia and Ginny's secret aunt.

They're both very drunk so in an attempt to get the boys away Max and I offer them ice-cream. I find the ice-cream and Max brings them bowls before looking at me. "What was Ginny apologizing for?" I shrug. "She told me I looked like the type of person who takes therapy."

She gapes but before she can say anything Austin speaks up. "Do you go to therapy?" I smile at him and nod. "Yeah I do." "But you seem fine." I shake my head. "Trust me kid, I'm not. When you've seen some of the things I've seen. You don't get to be just fine ever again."

Before anyone can comment on what I said, Joe comes to get me. He seems a bit off but it doesn't seem to want to talk about it and I know how to keep my mouth shut. I wave goodbye to Marcus before getting in the car and falling asleep.

The next morning I wake up in my bed with no recollection of ever getting out of the car. I walk downstairs and there's breakfast with a note telling me not to be late to therapy. I chuckle before eating the food and walking out of the house.

I walk to Dr Stan's office and the receptionist greets me. "Hi, Cassie." I smile. "Hey, Roxie." "Dr Stan is waiting for you." I give her a nod before opening his door. "You're late." I scoff. "By like two minutes." I sigh. He's so overdramatic. I sit cross legged on his couch and he glares at my shoes so I take them off.

This therapy session goes how I expect, me not being able to express my feelings in words and him not being happy about it. "Cassandra, I'm very much trying to help you but I can't if you won't let me in." "Some girl at my school asked me for therapist suggestions because I look like I would take therapy?" His face forms a little smile which I've never seen on his face. "And how did that make you feel?"

I take a deep breath. "It made me feel like everyone could see through me. Like I can't hide anything and all of my trauma is just very noticeable to everyone." He looks at me pleased and for once in the year that I've been seeing him we have a good therapy session.