Chapter 3

I pick up Marcus and he groans dramatically as he puts his head on my shoulder. I chuckle. "What's wrong?" "My mum's making me go to Sophomore Sleepover." I laugh. "That's a shame." "You're coming."

My laughter stops. "No the fuck I am not. Don't even try that shit with me. I'm not paying $100 to sleep in a school that I'm in everyday. That's rich people shit." He pouts and I immediately look away. "Pretty please?" I sigh. "Fine." I go into my wallet since I just got paid by Joe for the week. I go inside and pay Ellen her $100.

She smiles at me and hands me a ticket. "At least with you there, Marcus won't complain." I smile and we go to school. When we get there, I lie on Marcus' stomach as he leans on a beanbag. I scroll on my phone as he watches Ginny and Hunter. Honestly he's getting a bit attached for someone who doesn't like her.

He notices me looking at him and he looks away clearing his throat. I look back at my phone without commenting for his sake. Class starts and I walk to English. When I walk in Mr Gitten looks at me but I avoid eye contact and just go straight my desk.

When I get into work with Marcus, Joe is training Ginny. He sees me and he chuckles. "You're here mostly on time." I give him a kiss my ass signal as I get my apron. Marcus walks up to Ginny and she sighs. "What do you want?" He smiles slightly. "Don't you mean "Welcome to Blue Farm Cafe. How may I help you?"

I chuckle behind my hand but Ginny on the other hand is not amused at all. "No, I mean, "What do you want?" He smirks at her. "Service with a smile." Joe and I look at each other.  I look amused and Joe is more confused.

Marcus looks at her. "Iced coffee. Black. No milk." Joe tries to go back to work so I do so too. But then Ginny says something that makes us both turn fast. She looks at Marcus questioningly as she pours his black coffee before she speaks. "Black like your heart?" Joe just looks shocked and confused but I'm laughing very hard behind my hand.

She then proceeds to add milk to his iced coffee and hands it to him with a sweet smile. After Marcus pays and leaves Joe looks at her. "Uh, so.... great job. Really... good. Uh... Small note would be to try not to be so hostile to paying customers." Ginny glares at Joe which annoys me cause only I can do that. I am the only teenager who gets to glare at Joe and get away with it.

The next day is Sophomore Sleepover and I arrive with MANG and Marcus. Ginny was added to MAN and now they're MANG. I watch Abby as they get out of the car very dramatically. Marcus grabs my hand and pulls me away. I chuckle and let him drag me.

The inside looks like a carnival on crack. It looks pretty good honestly. "James would have enjoyed this." I look at him with a sad smile on my face. Marcus nods quietly and I'm taken back to the day when I found out he died.

Marcus then turns around. "I'm gonna go anywhere but here wanna come?" I chuckle. "100%." James had always been the hyper extrovert who enjoyed school activities like this. He was also really nice and likeable. People always wondered why he was friends with me and Marcus as we're not that nice or likeable.

We sit in the changing rooms smoking when I hear someone walk in. I don't really pay attention when Ginny walks in shirtless. I smile and wave. She smiles and then looks at Marcus. I take that as my cue to leave. "I'm gonna get some food, what you want Marcus?" He shrugs. "Whatever." I nod and leave the shower. On the way out I bump into Abby who spills alcohol all over me.

I gasp and she looks at me. "This bumping into each other is becoming a habit." I look down at my shirt. "Yet I always seem to get the most damage." I go back to my bag and find a new shirt in it. I go back to the bathroom and Ginny and Georgia are in there.

They both smile at me and Ginny gestures to the shower. Georgia notices my wet shirt. "What happened, sweetie?" I shrug. "Abby spilt a drink on me, nothing big." I go to the shower and Marcus looks at my shirt. Ginny and Georgia leave and he looks at me.

"She's always spilling stuff on you." I chuckle as I take off my shirt and put on a new one. "It's turning into a hobby." When I'm done we lay around in the shower until we go somewhere else to sleep cause sleeping in the shower would be weird.

The next morning I get ready and meet up with Marcus while he's leaning on a pole watching Ginny and Hunter. It's an obsession at this point. My eyes move slowly to Abby who's drunk off her ass. She's giggling cutely when she makes eye contact with me.

I look away quickly embarrassed at having been caught. I channel back to Ginny and Hunter's conversation quick enough to hear him ask her to be his girlfriend. When she says yes I put my hand on my heart. "Aww Hunter, did you just get your first girlfriend?" He glares at me. "Before you."

I put my hand over my mouth as I laugh with a nod. "I respect you for that one cause that was actually good." He bows mockingly and my smile drops. "You ruined it, I no longer respect you." I notice Marcus walking away so I grab his arm before he walks away. "Your jealousy is showing."

He glares at me before giving me the finger and walking away. I go towards Joe. "Did you have fun?" I shrug. "I guess it wasn't disastrous."