Chapter 5

I walk into school and everyone is talking about Ginny's song. I really don't get why they like it because it's honestly horrible. No offence to Ginny. Marcus comes up to me. "All I'm hearing about is Ginny's song and I thinking I'm about to kill myself." I flinch and he realises what he just said. "I'm so sorry. I didn't even think." I link my arm through his. "It's ok, Marc. It's not your fault. I'm annoyed too." We walk to class together.

After class he tells me has to talk to Ginny and I go to my locker to sort through it. I'm not sure if he ever got to talk to Ginny cause next thing I see is Ginny and Hunter being filmed after a public mocking by her two douchebag friends Matt (though I don't think he goes by that but we're not friends) and Brodie.

After school I go to work and MANG is there. I'm not quite as tired today so I'm a little more attentive. Ginny keeps ending up their table and I keep ending up having to cover for her. I'm honestly getting kind of worn out. Joe notices and turns to Ginny.

"Hey Ginny, could you do a little less talking and a little more working. You're wearing Sandra out." She looks at me with a sweet smile on her face which seems quite threatening. "I'm sure she doesn't mind, do you Sandra?"

I wince at her use of my nickname. "Please don't call me that. That's reserved for family." She looks at me confused. "You're not related to Joe." I look at her weirdly. "Well, duh. He's my godfather." She chuckles. "Oh is that why he favours you?"

I shrug. "He doesn't favour me." "Yes he does just now he was yelling at me for not doing my job, when you're not doing job right now." I look at her confused. "Because I'm actually still doing my job because I can multi-task Ginny." I put the lady in front of me's food down and continue on working.

Ginny comes to me in the kitchen. "Why did you have to set Joe on me?" I look at her. "I didn't tell him to tell you to work. But you gotta remember, he's paying to work not hang out with your friends." She glares at me. "You've you a rather large stick up your ass today." I point the finger and continue doing my work.

Abby beckons to me halfway through my shift. I look at her confused but go anyway. Norah and Max look at me confused cause they must not have seen me being summoned. "Hey, Abby." She smiles. "Hey, so I was wondering would you like to come to our Halloween party?"

I look at her confused. This seems like some kind of trap. "Why?" She chuckles. "Cause you actually seem cool and when you're not with Marcus, you're less of a bitch." I look at her pointedly. "I'm always a bitch." She chuckles. "Yeah, but when you're not with him you're more of a cool bitch rather than an annoying bitch." I shrug. "Ok cool whatever."

She smiles at me and I get back to work. I play it cool but I'm fucking squealing on the inside. Abby just asked me to go their Halloween party. The next day is Fall Fest and I know that MANG is doing the face painting. Marcus makes me go there cause he wants to talk to Ginny but as per usual she's being a bitch. He asks her for a heart but she's all "seriously, what do you want?"

He asks her if she's ignoring his texts cause she's popular and she basically asks him to shut up. She starts drawing but I don't really pay attention to what she's doing. Until I see the finished product and it's a dick. All of MANG starts laughing and Marcus is chased away.

I grab him and walk him away before anything else is said. I take him to the employee bathroom at Blue Cafe before wiping his face off. "Maybe she wouldn't do these things if you didn't say rude things. That comment about voices in her head was not cool because if it's true she probably confided in you with trust that no one else would hear about it."

He glares at me. "Who's side are you on?" I chuckle. "Always yours. You're just mad at me cause I'm right." My phone buzzes and I go to the sink. "Read it for me please." He puts his fingerprint in my phone cause that's how much I trust him and reads the text.

"It's an unknown number and it says, "Hey, it's Abby. I know Ginny was a bitch to your best friend but could you still come to the party?" I chuckle. "Tell her I'm still coming." He smiles cheekily. "Should I put a kissy face or a heart at the end?" I glare at him. "Marcus I swear to God, you do either and I'm texting Ginny that you're in love with her."

He chuckles and texts her back and shows me before he sends it. True to his word there are no kissy faces or hearts. Later that night I put on my costume and yell bye to Joe as I go to the party.

I'm dressed as Wonder Woman cause she's my icon. I get there and the first thing I see is Abby looking really hot in a Britney Spears themed costume. She sees me and runs to me. "Hey, glad you came. You look super hot." I chuckle. "So do you." She twirls around and does a little bow.

She grabs my hand and makes me dance with her but after a little while she leaves to go to Press and I end up dancing with Norah. The MAN part of MANG isn't actually that bad. I still don't know what to think about Ginny. If she wants to she could destroy you with her words.

After a while Maxine comes back and she's in a completely different costume. I chuckle. Max never has one halloween costume. I've known her for years and it's honestly entertaining. I go up to her. "Looking hot Maxxie." She squeals and hugs me. "I didn't know you were here. Finally ditched my stupid brother." I chuckle. "Don't get your hopes up it's just for the night." She groans dramatically before going back to Ginny and talking to her.

I turn around and am greeted by the sight of Abby and Norah making out. I know it obviously means nothing because Norah has a boyfriend who she's very much obsessed with. The boys around them are cheering them on when music starts playing and they break it off.

Abby beckons me over and I stand next to her. Brodie gets in the middle and starts twerking, we all cheer him on before he brings Ginny in and she starts dancing. Everyone starts cheering and when she goes down I know that Max in the corner over there felt something.

She leaves to talk to this girl named Bracia in our year. Abby disappears to the bathroom and when she comes back something just doesn't feel right. It looks like she's been crying. I don't comment cause it doesn't seem like she wants anyone to know. Instead I grab her and twirl her around as we dance.

We jump around and cheer for Brodie as he aggressively twerks. I'm not even sure how it happens but somewhere in the middle of this Abby and I end up in the middle of the dance circle and we dance together. She moves closer to me as we shake our hips. At the end of the party, I'm pretty drunk but not as drunk as Max was before she left.

I end up at Marcus' house and I knock quietly on the window. He opens and helps me in because I can't climb in by myself. He looks at me. "Did you walk here by yourself?" I nod and he sighs. "That's not safe, Andie." I pout. "I'm sorry." He helps me take off my shoes before giving me a hoodie and I go lie in his bed before automatically passing out.