69- A tired princess

Start from the beginning

His face twisted, his eyes devoid of any guilt.

"So all those times you pretended to love her was all a lie?" Sophia sneers.

"Of course! There's no such thing as love for royals like me! Marriage is only a political move to gain more power. And besides who would marry an immoral woman like that? Like father, like daughter!" Rion says with disgust.

"I must admit your true face is really ugly, Rion" Sophia laughs.

"Shut up! And let's leave this place before we attract attention from the crowd!" Rion says before turning around to leave.

Adjusting her hood down, Sophia follows him behind.

Meanwhile at the Vorsack Palace...

"The lady is my opening the door..."

"She has been locked in her room since last night, she didn't have dinner not even breakfast!"

"At this rate she will fall sick!"

The maids discuss before Caroline's locked door.

Hearing their voices, Nine asks Caroline "You haven't eaten anything since last night??"

"No I don't want to." She replies coldly.

"Are you serious? You will fall sick at this rate!!" Nine gets angry.

"That would be great! You know what would be even better?  If it all just ended forever!" Caroline laughs.

There is extreme Pain and tiredness in her eyes. They were screaming for it all to stop! 

But her battle never ends...

"Please...please don't say that Caroline! I'm begging you to get a hold of yourself!" Nine begs her.

"It's easy for you to say...Besides it must be good for you, after all you hate me for my noble status and the evils of my family right?" Caroline says.

"Caroline!?? What are you talking about? How can you even think like that? There's no way I can hate you...infact I..."

Unable to complete his sentence...Nine bites his lips.

How can he tell her how much he loves her...

When all she got from love is pain...?

After trusting not one but two different men...

They broke her in the worst ways possible!

Caroline who was laying down on her bed, gets up.

"I need to drink..." She says.

"Oh...Here I'll get you some water..."

"No...I need some liquor" She says.

"What?? It's not good for your health Caroline! Atleast have some food!"

"Don't tell me what to do" she retorts.

Nine had never seen Caroline turn so cold.

She was a warm person with hope shinning in her heart always.

Caroline walks out of the room, as the maids surround her.

"Milady? How are you?"They ask

"How do I look?" She asks back.

"Please have some food...you haven't eaten anything since last night!"

"I'm thirsty...Bring me a bottle of wine..." Caroline orders.

The maids exchange concerned looks but ultimately follow their lady's orders.

Along with the bottle, they bring her favourite cakes so that the lady eats something atleast.

But Caroline takes the bottle inside and shuts the door tight, disappointing the maids again.

Opening the bottle, she gulps down the red wine.

"Caroline...please get a hold of yourself" Nine opens his jacket and puts it around her.

She was still wearing her wedding dress except that now it was disheveled.

Dropping down on the bed, with the bottle still in her hands...

"You know I find it so funny...He said he loved me" Caroline laughs.

"The crown prince was terribly wrong for doing that..." Nine sits down beside her.

"No not him..."

"Then?"

"There is a bastard who claims to love me but hurts me over and over again. He thinks I'm a puppet and he can play with my life as much as he likes..." Caroline says.

Then taking a sip of the liquor she shouts

"Hah! To hell with love!"

"Are you talking about Eric Arguens?" Nine asks.

"Yes, who else but him? He thinks he's all high and mighty when he's nothing but a bastard!"

"Your father is making preparations to kill him...Looks like there will be a war" Nine worries.

"Great! I want it all to burn down to hell!"

"The church is trying to involve young men above the age of 16 to go to war...These men are someone's sons, fathers, husbands! Their blood will dye the whole empire red! And you know the worst part?"

"What are you talking about?"

"The worst part is that Eric Arguens will still be standing alive!" Nine declares.

"..."

Caroline falls silent.

It was true, no one knew Eric better than her.

Afterall he was the beast she had set free...

"Then what are you trying to say? I should surrender to him!?"

"No Caroline...What I'm trying to say is that a war should be avoided at all costs!"

"And how exactly should we do that??"

"I will contact the secret society for help...We need a good plan if we even think of touching Eric Arguens!"

Caroline agrees.

He takes the bottle from her hand and holds her hands in his.

"Trust me Caroline...please! I'll not let anyone touch you! I'll surely protect you!" He promises.

Caroline removes her hand from his.

"Contact the secret society immediately. I want to talk to them right this evening" she says before laying back down on her bed.

Her voice was tired and devoid of any hope.

Nine couldn't help but feel his heart ache tightly at her pain.

Reaching out his hands towards her black hair, he stroked her head gently.

"It will all be fine...Trust me" He said.

Her eyes watered at those words.

As she desperately needed to hear them.

"It will all be fine" Nine says it like a promise.

💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖