52-SNAFU

Meanwhile at the Vorsack Palace...

"Did you track her Location?" The nanny asks.

"Yes, but we have lost the signal from the magic device now...I think it's either broken or turned off" the mage explains.

The nanny sighed, she knew something bad was going to happen when Caroline said she's going to visit the secret society. But she knew it was useless to stop her because the Lady never listens to her.

It would be a disaster if the Duke comes to know about this....

The nanny went to the laboratory of the Vorsacks. It consists of one of the most advanced magic devices and the most skillful mages in the entire empire. She herself was the head scientist of the laboratory.

The Vorsacks power and wealth had no ends, even the imperial family couldn't dare to go against them.

But there was something that worried the nanny, it was the existence of that boy. Brought up as a Vorsack slave, the lady freed him and he grew so powerful in such a short time that he was incomparable now.

"Where is her last location...?" The nanny asks.

"Well about that...I think there is some kind of mistake"

"What do you mean?"

"For some reason, the device tracked her location at the woods nearby but after that it stopped functioning properly, then we recieved a faint signal from Karlos...But how is that possible? The Empire of Karlos is thousands of miles away, it's obviously impossible to reach there in a matter of few minutes" the mage looks very confused.

"What?! Did you just say Karlos???" The nanny gasped in surprise.

"Yes...I think there has been some kind of mistake..."

But the nanny instantly knows what's going on.

"There has been no mistake! Reach out to the Duke right now! We need to save the lady immediately, also get the knights ready!" She orders.

"Knights? But why?"

"Because I have a feeling a bloodbath awaits us at Karlos!" The nanny bit her nails.

💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖

"Will he be alright?" I ask the doctor who was attending to Eric.

It's been hours since lost his consciousness. The dawn approaches us, but Eric doesn't open his eyes.

"It's hard to say anything now...He had lost so much blood that its a miracle that he's still alive! Actually any normal human would have died instantly after wounds like that, but I think he is is really lucky to have survived" the doctor says.

"Normal human..." I repeat those words. I don't think Eric is a normal human though, his blood makes him more powerful than anyone.

But even so...I can't imagine someone like him, would be lying down in this condition.

"But how did he get those wounds...?" A maid asks.

"Yeah he was fine just a few hours ago when he brought the lady in.." another maid says.

"There...there was no one in this room other than the Lord and that Lady..." Lina says.

Wait I don't like the direction that this is going...

"Lady..." The butler calls out to me.

"Yeah?"

"What is the meaning of this?" He looks at me sharply.

My face, my dress, my hands are all covered in his blood.

"No...no this is not what you think it is!" I am sweating at this point.

All the maids, the butler and even the doctor looks at me with suspicious eyes.

"Then what is it?" The butler retorts sharply.

"I never imagined that I would see His highness in this condition someday...? That man who is strong enough to be known as one man army...That man in such a pathetic condition? Really who did this to him!?" The doctor asks.

"It's very clear who did this..." The butler picks up the knife I threw on the ground.

"Restrain that wench!" He orders.

The maids immediately restrained me.

"What are you doing? Let me go!" I try to free myself but they are holding me tight.

"Free you? Hah! How foolish of you to think that you can escape this place alive after attempting to assassinate The lord!!" The butler sneered.

"Assassinate? What do you mean? Can't you see I tried to save him??"

"Not another word! You foolish wench!? How dare you try to seduce the lord and then try to assassinate him!? If you think you can leave this place after that then you are absolutely wrong! We will make sure to burn you alive!!"

Panic takes all over my body. Burn me alive? Oh my god... what the fuck is happening!??

I struggle to free myself but there are 5 maids and I'm alone.

I decide it's best to take the help of magic.

I chant a spell of explosion, and the forces blows all the maids away from me.
Taking the chance, I escape through the door.

"Oh my god!? Is she a mage?? We need to Stop her!!" A maid cries.

"No need to... Let her go" the butler says.

"But Sir..."

"She has nowhere to escape anyway " the butler smirks.

And just as I reached downstairs...

Hundreds of armed knights marched inside blocking the exit gate to the mansion.

What the fuck is this???

"Do not try to escape for you are cornered!" The knights point their swords at me.

"Please...there must be some kind of misunderstanding!" I try to explain.

"There's no misunderstanding! That woman tried to kill the crown prince, seize her immediately!!" I hear the Butler's voice from behind.

No...way.

No fucking way!!!

💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖

I really enjoy reading your comments haha thanks for reading!

Also read my webtoon 💖 The Lost Women and don't forget to subscribe🥰

Link is in my profile bio💖🥰

Or you can search The Lost Women on Webtoon as well

Thanks!