27-Plan

After the maids leave me alone to get some rest, I lie down on my bed and think of a lot of things.

I made a lot of wrong choices when I came into this world...

It is because the novel, the plot, everything that I knew was false. It was only a version of the story...It is said that the titles of the "hero" and the "villain" depends on who's telling the story.

This novel was called "Wretched games"

It was a very popular 18+ webnovel that I used to read in my past life. At that time I was ignorant of the real truth that was hiding between the lines...

Half bloods...

The secret of the church...

Eric actually loving Caroline always.

Then ending up getting brainwashed by the female lead...

And finally the villainess dies at the hands of her beloved.

Is that the ending that awaits me?

No...

The course of this novel has changed now that I'm here in this world!

All that I have to do now is plan a new start.

For that I have to stay one step ahead of my enemies.

I will begin that from gathering information about them.

And for that I need connections on my side! I need people who have the same goals and visions as mine!

The first place that comes to my mind is the gambling house!

Situated in the north-west city of Rivans, is the largest gambling house of the empire. It is frequented by both commoners and Nobles alike. Many dream of hitting the lottery and many end up losing everything overnight.

I sneak out through the window as I don't want to inform anyone about it. Afterall no one would let me leave because they think I'm sick would instead force me to rest.

But this is not the time to rest, this is the most crucial time to act!

I disguise myself with magic as an ordinary guard of the mansion. I climb down the window quietly to avoid suspicions of others.

As I'm about to exit through the main gate, someone calls out to me.

"Stop right there!"

I feel the hair on my neck standing up.

"Ye-Yes??" I turn around to see a guard approaching me.

"Where are you going? Don't you know we have orders to be extra careful today as the lady has fallen sick!"

Oh shit...No I can't get caught here.

I look around my surroundings to check if anyone else is here or not...

"Hey Quit slacking! Are you even listening" The guard says.

And while he's speaking, I gather the mana around my fist and hit his stomach hard, knocking him down cold.

"Sorry bro" I feel bad but right now I have no other choice but to escape!

Afterall to meet bigger goals, smaller sacrifices are necessary!