30-Will you be my queen

"I need you to prove your worth to me"

"But how? I mean...Can someone like me really be useful to you..." He says.

"Because it's you, you can do it" I repeat the words someone told me.

Alan looks up to me with bright eyes.

"You want to save your mother right? You want to expose the church too right?"

"Yes."

"Then listen to me carefully..."

I explain my plan to Alan. Although he's just a kid but I know it's a job that only he can do.

Rivans is one of the largest empire in terms of land and people. It's main strength is its people. And what better way of controlling the masses than using religion and faith? This is why the holy  church in Rivans is so powerful even comparable to the imperial family. It can influence the public opinion very easily, because the people are highly religious here.

I do not know what or how Sophia came across the church but from what I saw and heard that day I can say that she is making very intelligent moves.

"Yes, your goal is to bring back the elf rule over this world, right? You have already destroyed the powerful empire of Karlos with the plague and taken control of the holy church in Rivans...Now if you become the empress, you will easily gain control over the entire empire and it would only be a matter of time until the Vorsacks are destroyed."

I remember Eric's words from that day.

Eric...

Why do I feel like you are behind all her moves...?

For the Vorsacks the most important thing is the favour of the imperial family and as long as we have the crown prince on our side, it's going to be hard for anyone to take us down.

And Sophia already has the power of the church and so if she becomes the Empress, I know I'm done. Just like what happened in the Novel. The innocent nun  loved by the people, becomes the empress and exposes the Vorsacks for their crimes.

The people already hate the vile Vorsacks, they are feared criminals full of corruption. Now with the imperial family away from their side, it's very easy to execute them all.

That's what Eric is aiming for...

He wants to kill my family so that I have nowhere to go but to him.

And I also know for a fact that he will try it.

He will try brainwashing me just like I did to him.

But I won't let you....

I won't let you succeed.

I absolutely hate the fact that he always gets ahead of me so easily

But this time I'll show you what I am capable of!

_____💖_____

"So I suppose you have made your mind already?" Rion smiled.

"Yes, I have". I sipped the tea.

"Very well then" he stands up from his place.

And then kneels down before me.

"Pardon my haste Milady but..." He takes my hand in his.

"Will you be my queen?"

He kissed the back of my hand.

"Yes" I smiled.

💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖
Read more chapters on my patreon

Link in my bio💖

Thanks!