4- DON'T LEAVE ME

I caressed his cheeks, he closed his eyes, thoroughly  feeling the warmth of my soft touch.

"Eric listen to me...I plan to free you from your brainwashing!"

I thought those words will give you comfort but...

Why are you making that face?

He looked at me with eyes filled with deep emptiness, his face was expressionless...

I don't understand you...

"Are you abandoning me?"

"Huh?"

"You too...you are abandoning me too like mother, right?" He said.

A dark energy leaked from his body.

What is this aura? It's unbelievably scary...

No way...is this what the nanny was talking about...?

An half between a human and an elf. An existence that is forbidden in this world...

Such a dangerous creature!

No...Amidst it all is just a little boy...!

I reach out my hands towards him, the dark energy almost burns my hand.

I caress his cheek just like before and suddenly the aura disappears.

The life returns to his eyes. He seems to have calm down.

"Caroline...I-" before he can say anything, tears rush down his eyes.

"It's okay...you don't have to say anything" I wipe the tears from his face.

Even though this boy will grow up to kill me...I can't help but feel sorry for him. He really has no one by his side afterall. Abandoned by his mother, and sold to the slave market by his greedy father, it all must be so traumatising for a little  boy like you!

"This...No way did I do this to you!!?"  He looks at my burnt hand and immediately feels guilty.

"It's okay I'll ask the nanny to heal it later" I hid my hand away so that he wouldn't feel bad.

But Eric grabs my hand carefully and looks at it so preciously...

"I can't believe...I did this to you. I don't deserve to live, please punish me!" He says with tears in his eyes.

I can't deal with him. He's too much.

I take my hand away from his and sigh.

"You don't have to be punished for something as trivial as this. But remember not to loose control over yourself like earlier..." I say calmly.

"That's because...that's because you said that you'll abandon me!"

He's really like a puppy.

"Look Eric... I didn't say that I'll abandon you. I'm just going to undo your brainwashing, so that you can be free from this madness. Also if you are worried about a place to stay then don't, because I've already decided to send you to The Arguens Duchy"

"Why!?" He asks with a look of betrayal.

"What?"

"Why are you throwing me away? Are you bored of me?"

"No that's not-"

"If you are going to throw me away then just kill me! If a slave has lost its use for his master, then he's better off dead!"

I can't even look into his eyes...A young boy asking me to kill him because he has lost his use....

He talks about slave and Master so casually.