fourteen

"And then I smacked them on the head with my kara album because nobody disrespects kara." Ruby finished her rant as she munched on her jam bread happily as everybody looked at her in concern over her story of how she got detention for one month because she broke her classmates nose with an kara album.

"Ignoring that." Jungwoo changed the topic to something about them needing to get a few more supplies from the dealers in afternoon. None of it concerned Ruby so she was busy trying to get mnm's in Donghyuck's glass of water.

"Who gave you mnm's in the morning?" Taeyong walked behind, grabbing the packet from her hands as he sighed clearing up the clearly missed shots of getting the mnm in Donghyuck's glass. Ruby just gave a cheeky smile before her head turned to look at the boy who entered the room.

"Here we go again" Renjun sighed, eyeing Ruby's gaze toward's Doyoung. "Good morning Doyoung!" The girl waved, he gave a short smile in return before returning her greeting.

"Why did I never get a good morning?" Sungchan pouted, "When did you ever deserve one?" She scoffed, turning back to her plate.

The rest of the morning was quiet uneventful. She had gone back to her room after breakfast, took a shower and finally washed her hair after her injury had healed. She then proceeded to sit aimlessly on her bed.

With no phone or no laptop, she was really finding it difficult to find something interesting to do. She had to go to her primitive methods now. Yeah no, no way.

Pulling the door open, she walked down the stairs. Finding the couch filled with Johnny, Yuta and Jaehyun. "Don't you have mafia duties to attend to?" Ruby questioned, settling in the spot beside Jaehyun.

"Don't you have ogre duties to attend to?" Jaehyun bit back, earning a smack on the shoulder from Ruby which made him laugh. "The younger are out on a mission. The information and strategy team are busy helping them, the rest of us combat team are bored." Johnny muttered.

Ruby stared at the screen that was playing an old English classic, she didn't really get what was going on and neither was she interested. "This is boring." She announced, figuring it would convince them to change to something more interesting.

"No one asked you to stay." Yuta bit back, sending her a cheeky smile before turning her attention back to the tv. "And what if I left?" Ruby stood up, challenging the boys beside her as if they would stop her from running out the front door. "You're all bark no bite." Jaehyun stared at her amused.

"Are you really challenging your hostage from running out the door?"

"The stage is all yours."

Ruby scoffed, walking towards the front door with confidence. She looked back at the three boys on the couch who were staring at her before turning back to the huge wooden door. Her hands moved to grip the cold metal expecting a retaliation from the older boys behind her.

Before she could pull open the door, the door was pushed open and in came Yangyang's figure which was drenched in blood. It didn't look like his since he was happily waving at Ruby, seeing his red soaked hands and blood streaks on his face — Ruby couldn't recognize the boy.

Letting out a high pitched scream, she ran back to Johnny, who had now stood up and jumping on him. Johnny held the still screaming girl in his arms with a tired expression.

"When you're running away from your kidnapper you're not supposed jump back into his arms."

"Grim reaper." She pointed at Yangyang, staring back at Johnny.

"Which is why I'm telling you, I need a phone. I will be out of everyone's way." Ruby followed Taeyong to the kitchen. "Yangyang's still sad that you think he's a grim reaper." He pulled open the fridge, finding for something to munch on.

"Yeah! It was because I was bored and I came to the living room! Because I was bored, I was able to witness Yangyang in that form! It's all because I was bored." Taeyong pulled out a packet of strawberries, satisfied with his findings — he closed to door of the fridge.

"Look, I'll discuss it with the rest of them."

"What will they say? no!"

"Ruby."

"Can I at least be there?"

"I'll think about it"

"The topic is literally about me!"

"You're too narcissistic."

"Taeyong! It's the truth."

"Good night."

"Taeyong!"

( note! ) a little comedy since shits about to get 🫢🫢
stream kitsch!