nine

Ruby couldn't stop pacing around in the night, she couldn't sleep for the love of god. Donghyuck had been out on a mission during the day, which means he came home tired and she didn't have the heart to ask him if they could go to the combat training room.

So she kept to herself in her room, arranging the new clothes Jungwoo had gotten her. But now that she was done and still had more than half the night left, ugh she would at least go downstairs and check if anyone's around to let her into the training room.

She was tying her hair into a low ponytail when she walked into the living room, eyes landing on the man who was walking towards the training room area with a bottle in his hand.

"Yuta!" She hurriedly walked over to him. "Hey, what's up?" Yuta softly said as he gave her a smile. "Are you training?" She asked as he nodded, "Yeah, do you want to join?" He asked as Ruby happily nodded.

Yuta punched in the code and the door, opened the two made their way down the stairs and he led her to his personal combat room. "Woah. This is way more bigger than the rest of the rooms" The girl looked around in awe as Yuta laughed.

"Are those speakers?" Ruby looked at the inbuilt speakers on the wall as Yuta hummed. "For when I'm bored" He replied as she nodded. "Can you teach me?" Ruby softly asked as she set her bottle on the wooden bench in the side, Yuta doing the same.

"Teach you what?" Yuta said as he walked over to the middle of the mat and started to stretch. "Anything. I want to protect myself better when I go back" She smiled as she walked over to the mat and started stretching.

Yuta's eyes snapped towards her at her last sentence. 'When I go back'. Yuta sighed as he gave her a smile, "Sure" He said as the girl let out a string of happy noises which Yuta didn't bother deciphering.

     "I wouldn't have asked you to train me, if I knew you were this strict" Ruby mumbled, face first on the mat as Yuta laughed walking over to the bench to get water.

She groaned as she sat up straight, Yuta handing her a bottle. "I have to go now, I have a meeting with a few of the other guys" He said as Ruby downed half the bottle. "It's two am! the fuck are y'all going to talk about?" Ruby shook her head as Yuta laughed, waving at her with a puppy like smile.

"Wait before you go-"  Ruby called out as Yuta stopped at the door, turning to look at her. "The code for the rest of the doors is 2331, push the finger scanner up and you'll find the keypad" He said before leaving the room and Ruby sighed.

"Is he a mind reader?" She mumbled to herself as she took the water bottle with her, switching off the lights before closing the door behind her. She sighed as she trudged away from Yuta's room.

Her body was tired yet her mind wasn't, she felt that if she went to bed now she still wouldn't be able to sleep. One of the days when her mind just didn't want to take a break.

Was it because of the conversation she over heard a few hours ago or the pained expression Taeyong gave her when she told him that she was ready to go back. Somewhere deep inside her she felt that Doyoung has the right to be angry, she was practically putting his gang in danger but then yet again he didn't know her that well to know what was going on in her life.

Ruby threw her head back as she groaned, fighting her worries off might help. She heard grunts coming from the combat training room. "That's weird. Most of the people went to sleep." She mumbled to herself as she pushed the finger scanner on the side, the keypad showing up like Yuta said.

Once she punched in the code, the door unlocked. She softly pushed it open to see a figure practicing with a knife. She leaned on the doorframe, watching in awe as she stared at him. Effortlessly swinging the knife and quick in his steps.

He swung the knife one last time and Ruby assumed that was the last stab. "It's creepy you know? There's isn't any light over there." Ten looked over at her as Ruby cheekily smiled.

"See, I told Donghyuck they should put up lights here. It's so eerie and weird without any lights and most of y'all built like slender man!" Ruby exclaimed, "Right! Exactly!" Ten pointed at her.

He walked over to the bench, grabbing a water bottle as Ruby entered the room. She hadn't been here before, she mostly hung out in the room the younger used.

She looked around in awe, Wooden dummies lined up in the side. Specialized knives kept in the side, most of them looked the same at the start but only a true professional would know the difference.

"What are you here for then? It's quite late." Ten said as he screwed the bottle cap shut. "Can you teach me the cool knife thingy" Ruby innocently smiled as Ten looked away laughing.

"You want to learn that?" He asked with a smile as Ruby nodded. "Why?" He asked as Ruby shrugged. "Learn something before I leave" She replied as Ten nodded. "Come on then, I'll teach you the basics" Ten said as Ruby clapped with a smile, dropping her bottle near the bench before excitedly running over to the middle of the mat.

"The first thing to learn while handling a knife, is the weak points. Aim for the most closest weak point. It gets the job done faster and more effective." Ten said as he held the knife strongly in his hand.

"Do you know any lethal points?" He asked her as Ruby pursed her lips in thought. "The back of the neck, near the base of the skull?" She said as Ten nodded with a smile, "You're right. The base of the skull is a good lethal point. This effects the spinal cord." He said, Ruby nodded along.

"But you see its very difficult, even though it sounds easy. The spinal cord is encased in the vertebrae and they have the intervertebral discs in between which means you have to put enough force to make sure the knife breaks through. To get through that you have to hold the blade a certain degree and not only that but you'll have to wiggle it around and much more so if you want to do something quick then it's not suggested but if you're on stealth then go for it" Ten said as Ruby looked at him spaced out.

She stopped paying attention to science after bones were introduced so all of this was a bit too much information for her to take in and understand. "Basically you have to hold the knife in an angle to break bone and then we have to wiggle so bone actually breaks, we don't have time to break bone so, we don't do bone breaky method okay?" Ten said as if he was talking to a baby, it finally settled upon Ruby what he was trying to say and she immediately nodded.

"Okay good! Now next lesson, front of the neck." He said as Ruby groaned, "Why are we learning the bone structure now! Can't we just stab." She said as Ten chuckled. "Yeah if you just want to hurt and get away but if you want to kill you have to be fast and efficient, learning how the body structure works gives you a better perspective where to stab" He said as Ruby scowled.

"Plus I didn't do a doctors degree for nothing."

"You did a doctors degree to stab people!?"