five

Ruby stared at the empty wall in front of her as she munched on the pizza. After her little breakdown, Taeyong had sent her back and called the rest of the gang for a meeting. Which means she was left all alone, though Jaehyun had come around and handed her a box of pizza with a can of cola to keep her satisfied.

She looked around the room Donghyuck had taken her to after she came back from Taeyong's office. There weren't any cameras here this time. Just a bed pushed to the wall, a wooden desk with a chair and plain beige walls. A cupboard that was empty and a smaller table near the bed with a lamp on it. There was also a bathroom in the room itself.

Ruby was going mad with her own thoughts. Did she do the right thing by telling Taeyong everything? Was he going to tell everybody? Was he going to use it against her father, reveal it to the public and then send her back home?

He wasn't going to do that right?

Ruby sighed, downing down the cola can before she threw it in the trash can near the night stand. She closed the box which still had a few pieces inside of it, figuring she'd offer it to Donghyuck when he came back cause she couldn't finish it all. Once she was done, she kept the box on the desk and plopped on her bed tired.

"What's the date?" Ruby thought to herself as she stared at the ceiling above. "Is it the 15th? Shit isn't Victon having a comeback today?" She thought as she whined about the thought of not getting to watch her favorite groups comeback.

"Are you talking to yourself?" Donghyuck opened the door, scaring her. "No, I'm crying about not getting to watch the new victon comeback." She cried as she looked at the boy. "Do you know how sad that is Donghyuck." She fake sobbed as the boy paused.

"Taeyong already told you my name? Damn I was already thinking of doing a cute intro when he said it would be okay if we revealed our real names to you" He said as he pouted.

"He said that?" She asked as Donghyuck hummed. "I've kept some pizza for you since I couldn't finish it" She motioned at the box sitting on the desk. Donghyuck let out sounds of happiness as he rushed over to the box before jumping on the bed, sitting beside her.

"I don't know if you'd mind but I've called the squad over" Donghyuck said as he shoved pizza in his mouth. "What squad?" She asked as the door burst open, a bunch of boys tumbling in with hollers and loud talking.

"The squad." Donghyuck muttered next to her as the boys with a bunch of pizza boxes and cans of cola trudged into her room. "What's up Ruby I'm Sapphire" One of them said before the entire room fell silent, looking over at the boy.

"Damnit Yangyang, why you always gotta ruin the mood"
"Why would you do that?"
"You probably hurt her feelings"
"Ha! That was a good one Yang, I'm diamond"
"Chenle!"

      "I'm the youngest, Jisung" The tallest among all said as introductions were finally over. "When were you born?" She asked as he replied with a '2002'. Ruby showed a face of shock before realizing he was nearly three years younger than her.

"Oh my god wait, baby?" Ruby's eyes softened as Donghyuck choked on his pizza. "You're actually right, he's the youngest in our team currently." Jaemin said as he stole a slice from Donghyuck's box after Chenle stole his.

"Also can you please complete your army of frogs story?" Jisung said as it was Ruby's turn to choke on cola. "That was you!?" She pointed at him in an accusing tone. "You laughed at my survival with a rabid rat and a funky looking spider!" Ruby gasped as Jisung gave an innocent smile, shrugging.

"I'm in love with your leader" Ruby confessed as Yangyang snorted, "Lee Taeyong. You're in love with Lee Taeyong?" The Chinese repeated as Ruby dreamily sighed. "There's something about his strong alpha male energy that really captures your attention you know, at times he is nice but that's just a phase, I don't like that Taeyong" She said as Renjun stared at her confused.

"You don't like it when Taeyong's nice?" He questioned as the girl happily nodded, "You've been reading too much wattpad." He said as Ruby glared at him. "Don't expose me like that" She pouted.

    "This is the floor where all the specialized unit rooms are located" Donghyuck said as they turned into a hallway. "That's the weaponry room, it just consists of the weapons the training center is in the basement" He said as he pointed at the first door on the right.

"That ones the finance and document room. Not many people are allowed to go in there except the leaders and the information team" He said as Ruby nodded. "What team are you part of?" She asked as she looked up to him. "The combat and tactical team" He boasted as Ruby shook her head at the pride clearly shown on his face.

"That's the information and strategy team, they plan the missions and keep up with dealers and all of that. It's the smart crew and they also take care of the computers part. Most of our members are part of that team" Donghyuck said as he pointed at the last room in the hallway.

"Anywhere else you want to go?" Donghyuck asked as he led her down the stairs to the living room. "The combat training area?" She hesitantly asked as the boy smiled, showing her the way.

They walked down the wide living room, to stop at a door on the end. Donghyuck punched in a code and the door unlocked, the boy let the girl step in first — following after her as the door closed automatically.

There were stairs that led to the basement, most of the walls and stairs were mono colored with hardly any bright colors. Once they reach the end of the stairs there was a wide empty room with three doors on either side.

"The first door on the right is the common training center for normal practicing. The second door is specially for hand to hand combat and knife handling, it fountains way more specialized practice tools. The last door is Yuta's room" Donghyuck said as the girl's eyebrows furrowed.

"Yuta's room?" She asked as the boy hummed. "Yuta's the leader of the combat and tactical team, that's his special practice room. He never lets anyone in there most of the time, unless you've fucked up bad in a mission and he needs to give you special training. It's also a room Taeyong frequently uses" He said as girl nodded along.

"Which team is Taeyong part of?" Her interest keen on knowing more about the man, Donghyuck laughed as he spoke "He's here and there with all teams. Since it's required for him to know about everything on each team, he's never with one team only, though he keeps his attention on the information team more since they have a complex job" He said as Ruby nodded, head filling up with only admiration for the leader.

"That room is the room us youngers use, we've kind of designed it for our likings and it's become more of a hangout spot." He said as he laughed at the small anime girl stickers Yangyang covered the door with.

"That's the serious people room, mostly the elders use it but sometimes we use it because the things in our room are very distracting" Donghyuck shook his head as Ruby laughed.

"What's that room?" She pointed at the last room on the left. "That's for special weapon training. That's the area where we practice with guns and other such weapons" He said as Ruby's eyes lit up. "I wanna go inside!" She eagerly clapped her hands as Donghyuck raised an eyebrow.

"I don't trust you around guns because you're weirdly very good at aiming but sure" He said as he walked over to the door, putting his finger in the little pad located on the side of the door.

The door clicked open after the machine scanned his fingerprint. He held the door open for Ruby as she happily walked in, looking around at the set up of guns and the neatly put up shooting range.

"Can I put my mattress here?"

( note! ) everybody say "we love you taeyong"
song recommendation — rose, scent, kiss by lee daehwi!

𝐑𝐔𝐁𝐘. nctजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें