two

"Dad please save me and give them the one billion!" Ruby cried as the guy behind the camera pressed the button signaling they had finished recording. Her hands immediately flew to her eyes to wipe the fake tears she shed in the past few seconds.

"I should get an Oscar don't you think" She looked to the boy standing behind the camera who just smiled shaking his head. The leader had left a while ago and now it was just a few people in the room.

After the whole ransom raising thing, some of them were assured Ruby wouldn't try anything much, so they reduced some of the security with a few still guarding her.

"Wait so is this going on tv or what?" She asked as one of the guys looked up from the computer at her before humming. "Oh my god wait! My mascara was off" She whined, one of the guys near the door laughed.

"Your dad's going to get trolled because he couldn't protect his daughter and you're worried about mascara?" He laughed from near the door and she shifted in her chair to look at him.

"First of all, he deserves it, I swear to god that annoying ass grinch" She cursed under her breath, "Second of all, it's my tv ransom debut. I need to look flawless."She said as she folded her arms before looking back straight at the boy on the computer.

Slowly but surely the fact was sinking in that she was kidnapped. She was supposed to be trembling in fear.

But she wasn't. She was more relaxed than she would be at dinners with her parents, you can imagine how awful it must have been that Ruby finds being kidnapped better.

She never knew what changed. When it first started, she was nearing the end of middle school and starting high school soon. She was scared for her life, sobbing throughout the entire time. They made her kneel on the floor, call her dad and make him pay just a small amount of money. They didn't do anything to her but she was scared to death.

Her father reluctantly gave it, acknowledging the fact that it wasn't that big amount of money. But when Ruby finally got back home, she got the abuse and hate. "Why couldn't you protect yourself! Nothing! You are nothing! It might seem like a small amount of money but it was huge for me, you fucking bitch!" The words echoed in her mind. The scene of a vase getting aimed at her head from a few years ago still vivid in her mind — and her mother stood there, watching it all happen but never saying anything cause she knew the money that her father had given to bring Ruby back home would've helped her buy a new luxury purse.

The same fucking shit all the time.

"I'm hungry" Ruby softly said as she chipped at her nails, trying to forget about the fact that if she went back home her father was going to kill her — like he always tried to do. She wasn't hungry, but her stomach was churning from the stress of the thought of going home.

Quite ironic isn't it, she was kidnapped but she didn't want to go home. Ruby found it pathetic, she cowered away from the people she has to call family. It made her feel disgusting, did she do nothing good in her past life to have no one around her?

It made her feel like she was the most unwanted person in the world. There were people that sucked up to her in school but she knew it was all for her money, never her. What was so wrong with her?

The door in the back of the room swung open again, the leader walked in. "The video is done boss." One of the guys spoke up as he nodded. "Good, we'll have it out by three weeks" He said as Ruby's eyes furrowed.

Three weeks. Mini vacation from home and school, hell yeah.

"Can I have food?" Ruby quietly asked as the leader's head turned towards her, he looked at her for a while before turning his head to the guy he was speaking. "Call the headquarters, tell them we're bringing her there. Her father's men started scouting the area, they'll be here soon." The leader said before turning on his heel and walking out of the room.

"Does this mean food?" Ruby sighed as one of the guys in front of her nodded, "It also means chloroform, sorry." The guy from near the door approached her as Ruby's eyes widened but before she could get up or protest a cloth was held to her nose and she felt herself go dizzy after a few seconds.

"You could've at least waited for like a few seconds Jungwoo!"

"What was I supposed to know!"

"You've been in this business for years! What do you mean!"

"I forget things easily okay Taeil?!"

And Ruby's vision turned fully black and her head fell to the side.

( note! )      jungwoo this was not girlboss of you 😠😠