ten

"Where were you last night? I came to your room and you were missing!" Donghyuck questioned as Ruby entered the living room. Hendery handing her a plate of French toast with a smile before he went back to the kitchen.

"You came to my room?" She asked as he hummed, "I had a dream you drowned in fries" Donghyuck and Ruby sent him a weird look. She opened her mouth to say something before Yangyang stole the toast on her plate, running away.

She sighed as she set the empty plate back on the table. "Monsters. All of you are monsters." She sighed sadly at her now empty plate. Her plate was taken away from her, another plate settling in front of her with French toast and strawberries neatly decorated.

She turned to look at Taeyong who was smiling down at her, he ruffled her hair before walking back to the kitchen with her empty plate. She held the decorated French toast with a smile, holding in her squeal.

"I love him" She dreamily whispered before a strawberry was stolen off her plate, she turned to look at Jeno who made his way around the table, sitting on one of the chairs, munching on her strawberry.

"From now on, I will stab whoever steals my food" She angrily grumbled as she sat beside Chenle, who she now called her breakfast buddy. "That's not an ideal thing to say after what happened yesterday" Ten sat on one of the chairs, shuddering as he was reminded of the knife that nearly grazed his face.

"That was one time you wuss!" Ruby scowled as Ten shook his head, "My life flashed before my eyes!" He retorted while Ruby just popped a strawberry in her mouth. The sound of boyish yells were heard and Ruby didn't even get the time to process Yangyang riding by on his skateboard and stealing two strawberries from her plate.

"TAEYONG!"

"And that's how we have a civilized breakfast." Kun finished his lecture as Ruby and Yangyang looked down in shame, Taeyong leaning against the kitchen doorframe with a smile.

The rest of the boys who eventually came down for breakfast and witnessed Kun's grand lecture on how throwing forks around is now banned in the house. The rest held in their laughs as they passed by Yangyang and Ruby.

"But he was the one who-" Ruby started and Kun silenced her with a glare. "I want to hear none of this. Yangyang learn to take your own food and Ruby stop being so violent" Kun said as Donghyuck and Jeno shamelessly laughed at the last statement.

With that, Kun left for the kitchen to finally have a cup of coffee he had been wanting since he woke up. Ruby scowled as she eyed Taeyong who was the one who called Kun in the first place.

"You know Yangyang wasn't going to leave you alone until I called Kun" Taeyong softly laughed as Ruby shook her head frowning. "At least I get attention when I do something wrong in this house" Ruby shaded at her own parents, Sungchan held in his laugh.

"Fucked up parents?" The latter said while holding up his fist, "Fucked up parents." Ruby repeated and she bought up her fist to bump his. Someone watched from the far end of the table.

Taeyong made his way to the boy, sitting beside him. "You still hate her?" Taeyong asked Doyoung. The statement making the latter take his eyes off Ruby and Sungchan, giving the elder a look.

"I never hated her, I was just worried for us." Doyoung softly muttered as he sighed. She wasn't that bad was she?

"Guys! That was cheating!" Renjun yelled as Xiaojun gave a smug smile. "No you're just a sour loser" Xiaojun said, enjoying his victory in the game of uno. "You guys are awful" Ruby mumbled, dropping her cards on the pile sitting in the middle, ready to start another round.

As Jeno reached out to grab the pile of cards and mix them all to start over, a blaring sound filled the room. Red lights lit up the room and everyone jumped out of their seats, on high alert. Even Ruby jumped up, standing beside Donghyuck. The situation giving her a little bit of deja vu.

"Security breach! I repeat security breach! We are under attack!"

( note! ) i swear i don't mean to ignore this book 😭
i don't usually get time to edit my chapters hence the delay.
i fr promise this time that updates will be as frequent as i can upload <3