Chapter 3: Canvas.

Chapter 3: Canvas.

"My baby." Ellie says, hugging me tightly.

Sniffing her hair while I'm in her embrace, I let out a smile. Her hair smells like vanilla.

"You finally dyed your hair." I point out as I pull away.

"Yes, I was tired of being a sultry brunette." She tells me.

"Walk with me." I say as I lead her inside the park.

"You became taller." Ellie says, looking up at me.

"I did not. You're literally 4'10." I tell her.

"I am 5'0. I was never 4'10. Timothy just started that rumor in the eleventh grade." She says, pouting and I laugh at her.

"How's Timmy anyway? I haven't heard from him since graduation." I say, wiping the edge of my mouth.

"He's in the army now." She reveals.

"No way." I say, chuckling.

"Yup. When I asked him why he was going, he said he wanted to go build character. Gosh, that boy is weird." Ellie says and I nod.

"Couldn't agree more." I quip.

"Want some?" I ask Ellie as I stop at a cotton candy stand.

"Yes please." She says, smiling at me.

I pay the vendor as I collect two packs of cotton candy from the stand. Handing Ellie's to her, she rips the packaging open and starts going ham.

"Calm down." I say, laughing as I chew on the cloud-like treat.

"It's really good." She says, licking the edges of her mouth that's now blue, thanks for the cotton candy.

"You better not get drunk at that sip and paint because I know how much of a lightweight you are." I tell her.

"I am not. And besides community college had built me into an alcohol consuming machine." She boasts.

"Yeah right." I say, rolling my eyes.

I can't count the number of times this girl has thrown up on me.

"We'll see about that." I add.

***

"How does that look?" Ellie asks, showing me the penis she just drew on her canvas.

"What is wrong with you?" I ask, laughing.

"Come on. It's just a body part and besides we've all had them in us." She says and I give her a side eye.

"Who's we?" I quip.

"You know damn well I'm referring to you and I." She says, outlining her drawing.

"You're still so crude." I tell her.

"Of course I am. Who else is going to balance out your prim and polished personality." She says, shrugging.

"I am not prim and polished." I  gasp, replying in my defense.

"Sure you're not." Ellie says, nodding.

"I'm not." I repeat.

"Uh huh." She hums, focusing on her painting.

"What's one thing that gives me the prim and polished vibe?" I question.

"Well, for starters you vacuum your pillows. Two, you dress like that." She says, waving the paint brush in her hand as she points at me.

"This is Coach." I say, adjusting the collar of my jacket.

"You see. Prim and polished." She retorts.