Chapter 25 : The Story pt.2

Start from the beginning

Valerie was practicing swordsman with Jack on the beach, she held Anguirel and Jack held a wooden sword.
She was struggling with the heavy weight of the sword while Jack was clearly unbothered "don't place your whole weight on the sword, try balancing it" he said dodging her swing and hitting her shoulder with his sword "that's my 5th strike and you still couldn't even touch me" he told her folding both of his arms while she was catching her breath "it's not my fault, the sword is ridiculously heavy" she said inbetween breaths and lied down on the sand "you need to be familiar with its weight, so you can fight with it one day" he sighed and stretched his hand for her to take and helped her standing up "go check on our guests, they have been awfully quite for some time" he told her and she nodded in response.

Valerie went to where the two bounty hunters were staying, when she saw them from afar, she noticed they were whispering, she came close to them and hid behind a tree, so she can hear what they are discussing "is everything ready?" One of them whispered "yeah, everything we might need is in the boat, now we just need to capture him and leave" what the other one said made her even more curious "what about the girl?" The first one asked making Valerie flinch "just kill her, she is a nobody" he told him "but she did nothing wrong, we are killing an innocent person" the first said feeling guilty "I don't care if she is innocent or not, she might stand in our way and we must get rid of her before she does!" The other one snapped making Valerie step on a branch getting the two mens attention.

Valerie didn't wait a second and started running towards the beach to warn Jack, she could hear them arguing since they are shouting, but they weren't following her.

When she arrived at the beach, she saw Jack holding the sword and heading to the cave, he noticed her and stopped in his tracks "what's wrong?" he asked her confused of why she is running "they want to capture you" she told him inbetween breaths "they had everything planned from the beginning and now, they are coming towards us" she told him panicking.

Jack frowned and sighed "listen carefully" he said "you go and hide for now, I'll take care of them" he told her but she shook her head "no, I won't" she refused "they want to kill me and take you away, but what they don't know is I can't die, so I'll stay here" she whispered so he only can hear her "but you are still not a good fighter, so go!!" He yelled surprising her, but she still refused to go.

They stopped arguing when they heard clapping from the wood, the two men came, each of them held a sword in hand "that's really touching, how both of you are trying to protect eachother" he said sarcastically "but unfortunately, we still going to kill you" he told them, and before they can attack, Valerie snatched the sword from Jack and aimed at the man's neck, but she was stopped by his partner, she backed from him and threw another swing, but then, he made her drop her sword, Jack ran to help her, the first man smirked and pulled a gun from his waist surprising her.

"Valerie run!!!" Jack shouted for her to hear him, running towards her "they have guns!!!" She shouted but he didn't listen, so she stood between him and the bullet, she got shot in the shoulder, Valerie fell into his arms bleeding from her right shoulder, his lips were moving but she couldn't hear him, the man who shot her stood behind him with a gun, RUN she tried to say but couldn't, the man hit him with the back of the gun over his head knocking him off.

The crew was stunned of what they heard "what happened after that?" Mingi asked feeling more curious, Valerie sighed "after that, I blacked out" she took them by surprise with her answer "and after I woke up" she continued "I found Jack in front of me, paranoid, holding both of my shoulders with his hands" they are even more confused "what made him like that?" San asked curious "I had the same question as you, until I looked around, and found blood all over the beach" she said "it was the two bounty hunters blood, their body's were cut and scattered all over it".

The whole crew got shivers and fell silent for the first time in ages, they couldn't say a word or a comment, until Hongjoong broke it "let me get this straight" he said pinching between his eyebrows "you blacked out and woke up finding both of them cut into peaces?" He said trying to adjust "correct" she said smiling and putting a thumb up for him "it's not something to feel proud of" he sighed and leaned back in his chair "but it really what happened" she told them "I woke up to find Jack paranoid and the two bounty hunters dead" she told them innocently "I believe you" Seonghwa said "because, when we went to the fortune teller, she was surprised by her reaction when she saw her past" he told them and they were partly convinced.

"did he tell you how it happened?" Yeosang asked her curiously "yeah, he said after he woke up, he saw me tearing an arm from one of them with my bare hands" she said showing them her hands making them gulp and Yunho moved closer to San "hey!" She shouted feeling offended "it's just for a hygiene purpose" he said jokingly defending himself then went back to his place.

Valerie looked at Hongjoong, waiting for him to speak "did he say anything else?" San asked her "he said I looked strange" she said confused "how strange?" Wooyoung asked "he said my eyes were red, and had long and sharp fingernails, he said they were probably long so I can tear everything easily" she sighed and looked at Yeosang "do you know any creature with these features?" She asked him and he shook his head "unfortunately, no" he replied disappointing her.

"There is no problem with that for now" Hongjoong finally spoke, making her feel relieved "since you don't remember what happened, Yunho" he said "can you examine her to know if its a memory loss or just an unconscious behaviour?" He asked him "leave it to me" he said feeling proud of himself "did Jack add anything else to what he told you?" Hongjoong asked her "yeah actually, he said to try and control my emotions while fighting, because it might trigger something within me and make me transfer again" she told him and he nodded in understanding "and one last thing" he said "are you hiding another object like the magical map?".

He asked and she turned her head feeling ashamed "ye..yeah" she answered and he sighed in annoyance "really?" Yunho asked in excitement "what is it?" Wooyoung asked curiously "are you carrying it now?" Mingi asked curious "yes" she said pulling the compass from her pocket and putting it on the table "what does it do?" San asked excited "it has two arrows" she explained "a green one shows a safe route, and a red one locates any danger we might run into, that's why I told you to change the lane on the first day I met you" she told them and they nodded in understanding "that's quite useful" Hongjoong said amazed by it, the crew is now passing it through eachother examining it "is there anything else?" He asked her "yes, a book that gives informations of islands we are landing on or oceans" she told him "we won't need it" he told her "why?" She asked confused "what's fun with an adventure when you know what's coming ahead?" He asked smiling and she understood what he said "you're right" she told him.

After Valerie took back her compass, Hongjoong clapped his hands "since you finally told us everything about you, who think she is a threat to us, hold your hand up" He told his crew, Valerie was anxious of what they might say, but no one held his hand up "who wants her to join us, hold your hand up" he told them and all of them held their hands up including Hongjoong "then its settled, Valerie now is an official crew member of us" he said and all of them cheered happily "we should throw a party!!!" Mingi shouted and all of them agreed.