Allison Goode

Ziggy POV

I use my sleeves to wipe my tears away before turning around to see a black-haired woman smiling at me.

"Who are you?" I asked confused who this woman is she wasn't wearing a nurse or doctor uniform so who is this woman and why is she here?

"My name is Allison... Allison Goode." Allison introduces herself, "And you must be Ziggy Berman I heard a lot about you."

My eyes widened in shock for I never expected Maya's mom to show up here nor did I expect Maya to mention me a lot to her mom.

"Umm... yeah I'm Ziggy." I introduce myself as I stand up from my seat and turn around to face. "It's nice to meet you, Ziggy." Allison replied with a small smile on her face as we shook hands. "Not to sound rude but what are you doing here?" I asked letting go of Allison hand bewildered to see her here.

"Maya told me about your sister being in a coma and I wanted to come and check on your sister." Allison said glancing at Cindy and turns her attention back to me but surprisingly I don't see pity in her eyes when she looks at me instead it's a look of understanding like she knows what I'm going through, "And to ask how are you with everything that has happened?"

I'm surprised at Allison response I thought that when Maya told her the truth that Allison wouldn't care about Cindy being in the hospital let alone ask how I am with everything that has happened.

Allison must've mistaken my silence as her overstepping, "I'm sorry if- "

I cut her off, "No you don't need to apologize." I assure her, "I'm honestly shocked that you care how Cindy, and I are doing that you came here." I explained to her still surprised to see her.

Allison chuckles, "Is it because I'm from Sunnyvale or because I'm a Goode." She asked sounding amused. I stayed silent debating if I should answer before I would've answered in a heartbeat, but this is Maya's mom, and I don't want to come off rude to her.

What if me being rude makes her decide that Maya can no longer come to visit. Maya can't use Nick as a cover now that Allison knows the truth.

"I'm going to guess both." Allison jokingly says trying to ease the situation, "Yeah both, I didn't expect a Sunnyvaler especially a Goode to care how me and Cindy are doing." I tell her my honest opinion seeing no point in lying since she said what I was thinking.

Allison frowns at my response but nods.

"But..." I pause mid-sentence looking at the new flowers that Maya replaced yesterday and look back at Allison, "But Maya changed my opinion... she's a Sunnyvaler and a Goode yet she comes here to visit Cindy, keeps me company, and stays here when I can't come to visit Cindy. Even Nick comes to visit as well. So, I guess not all Goode's are bad I mean you are Maya's mom." I said despite me still not liking Nick the feeling has decreased were I can now tolerate him since he has proven that he cares plus has helped me and Maya out.

Allison chuckles, "Well I'm glad that Maya and Nick have been here for you and your sister."

I nod, "Yeah me too. As for how Cindy is doing, she squeezed my hand this is the first time it's ever happened so that's progress I'm sure this means she's going to wake up." I tell her feeling hope for the first time, "That's great news, and I'm sure she'll wake up soon even though I have never talked to Cindy I can tell she's a fighter and will wake up I'm sure of it."

I look at Cindy, "Yeah, she's a fighter and is brave as well she was willing to sacrifice her life for me even when I treated her so badly. I was a... monster."

Allison frowns, "You're not a monster, Ziggy. If you were then you wouldn't be here with Cindy. You love and care about your sister deeply."

I shook her head, "Before all this happened Cindy and I would argue constantly... there was a time when we got along but when our dad left everything changed, our mom started drinking. It took mine and Cindy's lives being in danger for us to make up and now that we have, she's in a coma and all I can do is be here for her hoping that she'll wake up. But I shouldn't be surprised that this happened. Because when you're from Shadyside what can you expect we're all cursed after all." I exclaimed, thinking back to the argument that I had with Cindy before Tommy got possessed by the witch.

"Since what? See, you can't even say it! Since dad left. Since mom started drinking. Since we're going to lose the house. And it's not gonna magically get better. And saving up all summer to buy a super cute polo shirt can't hide that. Trying to explain why nice old Nurse Lane almost lost it today can't either. We're all cursed. For Mary, it was today. But someday it be you. And this whole fake bullshit life of yours, it's gonna come crashing down."

Third POV

Allison walk towards Ziggy and pull her into a hug. At first Ziggy fights back but she eventually stops and embraces her as she cries on Allison shoulder. Allison slowly rub circles on Ziggy back whispering comforting words to her hoping it help her calm down. Ziggy pulls away and wipes her tears away, "I don't even know why I'm telling you this." Ziggy says looking at the floor in embarrassment.

"You don't have to be embarrassed I asked you how are you with everything that has happened, and just told me." Allison assures her but Ziggy doesn't look at Allison. "Ziggy, I do care about you and your sister, and I'm going to be here for the two of you whether you like it or not. I care for the two of you and you two have been through so much. I'm going to help anyway I can." Alison tells her as she lifts up Ziggy chin.

Ziggy could see in Allison's eye that she was not lying and that she does care about her and Cindy.

Ziggy smirked, "I can see were Maya got her stubbornness from." Ziggy commented, making Allison laugh.

"She can be pretty stubborn." Allison agrees.