The Truth Is Out

Third POV

Nick gets out of his police car and walks to where Josh and Chris are waiting for Deena, "Chris? What are you doing here? Where are Jimmy and Henry? Are they okay?" Nick asks worriedly ignoring Josh who looks nervous. Chris stays quiet, which worries Nick even more. He turns his attention to Josh, "What brings you and my nephew here late in the middle of the woods?" He asks, pulling out his flashlight and shining the bright light in their eyes.

"Josh!"

Deena comes out of nowhere and grabs Josh and runs leaving Chris with Nick.

Nick faces Chris, "Don't follow me." Nick orders and walks away to search for Deena and Josh. Chris hears the passenger door of the police car open revealing Maya Goode.

"What's going on?" Josh whispered as he and Deena hid behind a tree, "Shhh." Deena whispers.

"It's her." Deena whispers in a frantic tone.

"Josh! Deena is very confused." Maya said sending shivers down Deena spine at the voice of Sheriff Maya Goode, the person responsible for the Camp NightWing Massacre and for the deaths of Ryan, Heather, Kate, and Simon. As well as for why Sam is possessed.

Deena didn't expect Maya to be here with Nick.

"Her dad and her grandpa and her great grandpa!" Deena whispers to Josh who looks at her confused, "What?" Josh replied confused what Deena is trying to tell him.

"She's clearly suffering from some kind of a... a breakdown. She needs help. Josh?" Nick shouts as the two cousins continue looking for the siblings.

"Simon and Kate being killers have made her have a breakdown. Whatever she says makes no sense. Come out so we can help your sister." Maya said but Josh and Deena didn't come out of there hiding spot.

"Goode is evil!" Deena whispers and Josh's eyes widened in realization. Deena leaves her shoes as a trick for Maya and Nick to think that they're hiding behind the tree. Maya and Nick fall for the trick and look up when they hear the police car drive away.

Deena begins explaining everything to Josh. How she went back to time as Sarah Fier, Sarah Fier being innocent, and isn't turning Shadysiders into killers nor is she a witch.

"We have a 5150 in possession of car 961 suspects are on their way." The radio lady said.

"Josh! Listen! Solomon Goode- "

Josh cuts Deena off. "Who?"

"Maya Goode's pilgrim ancestor he made a deal with the Devil, then framed Sarah to cover his own puritan ass-"

"Deena!" Josh shouted as Deena speeds through the red light and continues talking, "The Goodes, they're trading us. People from Shadyside. Goode gives a name to the Devil; the Devil takes over that person. Then, that person kills and murders, and the Devil feeds on the blood of dead Shadysiders. And Goode gets whatever she wants. She becomes Sheriff. Nick becomes Deputy Chief. Will becomes Mayor. All of Sunnyvale gets better and better." Deena tells him.

"And Shadyside doesn't..." Josh finishes.

"And the Goodes do it over and over, again and again. One Goode from every generation passing down the evil. Solomon... Solomon's son... firstborn to firstborn. Right to today. Right to Sheriff Maya Goode." Deena explains.

"So, Sarah Fier?" Josh asks.

"He framed her!" Deena yelled, "She's the only one who's ever figured out the truth... until us."

"And the killers came after us to keep us from uncovering it." Josh said and Deena nods, "Yes to protect Goode's deal with the Devil." Deena replied.

Josh eyes widened when a realization hit him. "But Deena if the killers were after us before... now that we know the truth, now we know about Goode deal... what happens now? What about Henry, Jimmy, and Chris? Do they know that Maya is responsible for all this?" Josh asked.