💜(𝙿𝙻𝙰𝚃𝙾𝙽𝙸𝙲)𝙻𝚒𝚕𝚊 𝚡 𝚌𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚍 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚛💜

without requests I'm nothing but I'm thinking of writing a new story, lol, anyways this was requested by BL4CKx1NK I made them mute because idk

┏━°⌜ 赤い糸 ⌟°━₊˚ʚ ᗢ₊˚*ੈ✩‧₊━━┓

I hung up the phone as I walked down the sidewalk. Jaune wanted me to go out drinking with her tonight but I had to go pick up my son from his friends house. I carried my work bag on my shoulder as I approached the door. When I knocked, it took a couple of moments before it creaked open to reveal Susie. She gave me a small smile when she saw me, "Hello Susie, I'm here for my son." "Ok miss Lila!" She turned to the house and gave a yell for the two boys, "Hey guys! Miss Lila's here!" The boys sprinted to the door with someone else following behind. "Hi mom!" "Hi miss Lila!" They smiled at me with big grins, the other kid just shyly looked down. "Hey mom? Can Pump and (Y/n) come too?" "Oh? who's (y/n)?" he pointed to the shy child before me, they looked up a little and gave a small wave. "Well, I trust miss Lila." Susie pitched in, she always seemed to mention that she trust me, she was a nice kid. "Hm, well, I don't mind as long as their parents are ok with it." "They don't have them miss Lila." I covered my mouth a little in shock, before giving a small look of sympathy. "I'm sorry sweetheart. If you want to, you can come." The boys cheered in happiness, the kid just smiled at me in pure delight. We left with the boys jumping for joy and the kid by my side. We came to a point where we had to cross the road, I told the kids to hold my hand as we crossed. The boys grabbed each others hands and my son grabbed mine, but the other looked across the street both ways. "That means you too." I smiled as they looked up at me with a little shock, they grabbed my hand hesitantly and we all crossed the street. We got to the house and the kids ran upstairs to play as I started dinner, I was gonna make some macaroni with the chicken strips but I realized something. I went up stairs and walked into the room they were playing in and asked my question. "Hey, do you have any allergies?" The kid looked up to me and shook their head, I smiled and nodded. "Alright, just wanna make sure I don't accidentally give you something bad sweetie." They smiled at me, looked like they enjoyed the idea that I cared to ask. I went back downstairs and continued with preparing for dinner.

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

"Kids! Dinner's ready!" I sat at the table as I hear the kids storm down the stairs in excitement and hopped up on the chairs. "Thanks mom!" "Yeah, thanks miss Lila!" The boys cheered as the dug into their food, the other pushed their hand from their chin. As we ate the boys chatted about spooky month and what they were gonna do for next Halloween. I looked at the kid as they ate, maybe I should make some conversation. "So, did you have fun today sweetie?"  They looked at me, they smiled a little and gave a quick nod. "Well that's good!" I ruffled their hair a little with a soft chuckle, their eyes lit up at the attention. I continued to have a silent conversation with them, they were such a soft spoken kid, they haven't said a word. That's when it hit me, they weren't soft spoken, they couldn't speak! I put my hand to my forehead, what a rude host I've been, pretty dumb of me, they tilted their head at me. "I'm sorry sweetheart, I didn't think of you not being able to speak, all the questions I asked seem so silly now." They frantically shook their head with starry eyes but a big pout, holding their hands up in clutched fists. I chuckled a little more, with a small bit of sadness on my face but mostly joy for how this kid thought of me. Before I knew it, bedtime came along and the kids were getting ready for bed, I was too. After I put them to bed, I went to my room and flopped on my bed, I had a lot of work to do tomorrow so I needed some sleep. Just as I was drifting off to sleep, I heard a small creak by my door, "Meh..?" I mustered as I lifted my head to look at what made the noise. A few moments later, my eyes adjusted to see the kid standing in the doorway, looking at me shyly. "Is something the matter honey?" They came over to me and scrambled a little to climb up onto my bed, I pulled them up by their arm gently. They handed me a little piece of folded paper and looked away from me, I softly unfolded it. It read, 'Can I stay here with you and Skid forever, miss Lila?' in crayon, I looked up at them, they were just staring at the bed sheets in worry. I smiled softly with a small exhale and patted their head, they looked at me with teary eyes. "Sure sweetie, he really seems to like you, I like you too." They gave a big grin and gave me a hug, I wrapped my arm around them in return. They pushed their hand from their chin again but this time it was multiple times, jumped off my bed and ran out of the room. I gave a small giggle and laid back down and shut my eyes, but now I was restless. I sat up and grabbed my phone, dialing Jaune, she picked up after a few rings. "Hey girl." She said tiredly but nonetheless with her everlasting enthusiasm, "changed your mind on that drinking trip eh?" "No, I need a favor." I waited for her to arrive before leaving go to get some adoption papers, I needed to make this official if they were gonna ask me. When I came back, Jaune was asleep on the couch with the tv on at low volume, I rolled my eyes but I thought I'd let her stay. I went back upstairs and put my pjs back on and crawled back into bed, finally able to sleep, I put the papers on the nightstand and my head hit my pillow, I felt like I had a rock for a head. I felt my sheets moving, my eyes opened a little to see them trying to climb up, I grabbed their arm again and helped them up. They pointed to the bed and me, "Do you wanna sleep with me, is that what you're asking?" They nodded, "ok, come lay with me sweetheart." They crawled next to me and cuddled up to me, I patted their head and laid my head back down. "Goodnight sweetheart."

‧˚₊꒷꒦⛧⊱┄❝✦❘༻- ˏˋ ✎ ˊˎ -༺❘✦❞┄⊰⛧꒦꒷‧₊˚⊹