Echo (Silvaze) Pt.2

Echo wailed and screamed at this point. Silver's grip loosened slightly giving Blaze the strength she needed to get free. She flipped them over before holding one hand up and extending her claws. Silver stopped her with his powers and pushed her away, using more strength than he needed to push her away. She flew into the wall behind her and hit her head. Immediately she blacked out. Silver panicked and raced to her side, holding her in his lap. "Hey, Hey! Blaze..." he cried. Knowing she was okay from her chest rising and falling, he held her close. Mentally face-palming, he sighed while looking at her beautiful face. "I'm so sorry... I'm so sorry... I should've been there for you... I shouldn't have believed those stupid tabloids and that photoshopped picture of you kissing someone else... I'm sorry..."

While holding her, he had almost forgotten about Echo who sobbed. His ears perked once more. Picking up Blaze carefully, they went to her room, where he heard the crying. Opening the door, Echo lay there in his crib. He had managed to unwrap himself from the bundle of blankets that Blaze had wrapped him up in. "Oh, poor little guy. Hang on," he told him. Silver softly placed Blaze on her bed before putting a blanket on her.

Then he could finally turn to Echo who had calmed down after seeing Silver's face. He put his fists in front of his face while watching Silver approach him.

Silver was in shock. Seeing his son for the first time made him smile and begin to cry. "H-Hey there!" he smiled, reaching into the crib carefully to take him out of the crib. Echo who had finally adjusted to the sight slightly whimpered upon being picked up. "Oh sh sh sh..." Silver reassured the infant. "It's okay... Daddy's not gonna hurt you..." he whispered, comforting Echo. "Wow... You really do look like me!" he gasped, holding his child lovingly in his arms. Echo calmed down while watching Silver smile and cry. At one point, Silver used his powers to entertain the little hedgehog with toys and other decorations around his crib.

Echo laughed and reached out for everything in the air. Silver smiled and nuzzled his son while also giving him several kisses. "I guess we're friends now huh?" Echo settled down and snuggled into the Albino. Silver looked to the side to see Blaze still passed out on her bed. Echo interrupted his thoughts by making noises, indicating he was hungry. Silver tickled his belly and walked out of the room to find baby food or a bottle of milk. As he walked around, he saw the mess around the place.

Being so busy meant that Blaze didn't have much time to clean. There was trash that hadn't been taken out, papers had been stacked in a pile, and Echo's baby toys had been scattered. Seeing the scene made him feel guilty about being away. On the coffee table, he saw the PAST DUE on the table. Reading the envelope made his heart pang. All this time she's been struggling to even put food on the table and keep a roof over my son's head... What have I done? Echo cried again making Silver snap back into view. He kept crying. Silver sniffed the air. It wasn't a dirty diaper. "Right, you're still hungry aren't you?" he asked the small baby.

They headed into the kitchen where he placed the baby in the high chair and went into the kitchen to prepare something to eat. He sat down and fed the little boy for the first time ever. "Look at you. So big already!" he smiled, putting spoonfuls of food into his mouth.

Seeing everything that Blaze had to deal with, he knew he couldn't just stand by anymore. "I guess I better get to work huh?" Echo clapped his hands and giggled. "I'll take that as a yes."

...

Blaze finally woke up from her deep sleep wondering what had happened. She sat up in bed confused. Was it all just a dream? Did I really just imagine all of that?

Looking to her side, she saw that Echo wasn't in his crib. Her eyes widened and she began to panic. Had Silver taken the baby? She raced out of her room and into her main living area. To her surprise, Silver was sitting on the couch watching a boxing match on the tv. "Boom! Pop pop! Andddd bam!" Silver said, teaching his son how to box just like the opponents in the boxing match. Echo just watched in awe as they moved back and forth while also getting his fists moved for him. Just as one of the guys landed the final blow, Silver lifted his son in the air before bringing him back down on his lap just as fast.