Am I DEAD?

(Z-Day +2)
(Unknown)
Y/n's POV:

My mind goes blank and the ground goes cold. The white light that everyone spoke of overtakes my psyche.

"Wake up."

A voice, small but significant, echoed in one ear and out of the other. Submitting to the whisper and cracked open my eyes. Finding the source of the dreamy voice to be a girl no older than 12 smile sweetly at me.

Her hair was golden blonde, her eyes green with, and her face flushed with a slight blush every time we would see each other

Her hair was golden blonde, her eyes green with, and her face flushed with a slight blush every time we would see each other. This was my first love, my first kiss, the girl who I thought I would marry.

"There you go. It's been a long time Y/n, did you miss me?" The girl crouched down trying to help me up. Finally getting to my feet only to stumble again, being caught and held up.

"Mina..? Mina? Why? Where?" I held onto my head with both hands. The feeling was most severe near my neck.

"Shhh... I know you have questions. The back of your head has been gashed. Not too deep but still enough that you got sent here to meet me!" She skipped around to a nearby chair and shoved it my way, knocking me into it.

I craned my neck to meet her gaze. "Where is... here?"

Mina skipped right back over to me. "This is a place neither here nor there, a place where nothing exists but our own thoughts. Look around, what do you see?"

I did as she said. The houses and the one large town house that was in the center of the village. I stumbled past Mina toward a single tree that read three simple phrases.

'Chief Sawamura's Manor —>'

'Mina+Y/n'

'Welcome to Kamakura Mountain Village'

Mina slipped her hand into my own. "This is your home." She cupped my face and turned my head to meet her own. "This is our home, my Y/n."

She leaned in and tried to kiss me before I quickly put a hand between the two of us. "Mina I'm sorry I can't, I need to get back to my friends."

I pushed past her before immediately being immobilized. Her hand caressed my back. They were as cold as ice the memories flashed from Kamakura to a silent winter night.

"Do you remember?" Mina giggled.

I looked out at the landscape my neutral face dropped. "Do you think I would forget where you died? I watched you fall into the ice and drown, you were-"

"I was 12 and then I watched over my entire family grieve and not move on. Tell me Y/n... where is my father?" She asked.

"Dead, along with Aunt Hiriko, old man Jiro, my Uncle, my friends, everyone Mina. There is only a few of us left. Nowadays I'm not sure about that either." I answered.