Lily and Scorpius: Raising a Daughter

"I don't like it," Lily told Brandon. They both sat in the living room of the Burrow, where the family was bustling around them. It was a little quieter than usual, what with some of the kids being at Hogwarts, but there was still plenty of noise. And while it was supposed to be a time for them all to get together, Lily and Brandon were all business.

Brandon looked at the sketches Lily pushed away. "What's wrong with them? T.J. thought they were great."

"They are great, but I'm not wearing it. It's not going to look good on me," Lily retorted. Over the years, and after getting comfortable and familiar with the line and business, Lily was more vocal and choosy about what she wore with photo shoots.

Brandon sighed as he looked over them more. "Ok, I'll let him know. Are there any others? Surely you like at least three of them."

Lily looked over them more. "I'll keep looking."

"Aunt Lily!" Most of the family looked in surprise and a bit of worried curiosity at the yell. Lily looked toward the stairs so see Hugo and Stacy's third child and oldest daughter, Lilliana, at the foot of the stairs, looking a bit panicked.

"What's wrong?" Lily asked.

"Cissy says she needs you, and that it's really bad and important!" Lilliana claimed.

"What's wrong?" Hugo asked as Lily stood up.

"She won't say," Lilliana told her father.

Lily just sighed. "I've got it. It'll be fine."

"Should I send word to Scorpius?" Hugo questioned.

"I doubt it's that bad," Lily replied. "Don't worry. Where is she?"

"That bathroom," Lilliana answered.

Lily made her way up the stairs, and dodged some of the younger kids as she moved through the hallway and toward the bathroom door. She knocked on it. "Cissy? Sweetie, what's wrong?"

The door opened, and Cissy grabbed her wrist and tried to tug her inside the bathroom. Lily let her, and didn't question when she locked the door. But she felt worried when she saw the scared and hesitant look on her daughter's face. "Mum . . . something happened."

Lily brushed Cissy's blonde hair from her shoulder. Despite being ten, she was taking after her, and looking a bit older than she was. More . . . mature, than just a ten-year-old. "What is it, sweetie?"

"I . . . I think I just started my . . ." Cissy looked almost horrified, and unable to finish.

But as a woman herself, Lily caught on easily. "Oh. Oh, sweetie, that's not a bad thing."

Cissy gulped. "I know. But . . ."

Lily gave her a reassuring smile. "Let's go home for a quick moment, ok? Let you change, and then have a small talk."

"So Cissy has finally taken another step toward being a woman," Hugo said with a sigh as he, Lily, Lucy, and Dominique sat in the kitchen. "Hard to believe. Scary to think that Lili might go through next year too."

"How'd she take to it?" Dominique asked with a raised brow.

Lily sighed. "Ok. I mean, we'd talked about it before, and I'd warned her before it might be coming. But what she really seemed worried about was her father."

"She is a big daddy's girl, isn't she?" Lucy questioned.

"I honestly think she is worse than I was as a kid," Lily said with a nod. "And Scorpius . . . I really don't think he'll take it well."