☯6☯

elaine
" No, tomato is not vegetable. How many times should I tell you? " I munched my cranberry cookies and sip my banana milk

" Its rhyming with potato, therefore , its a vegetable." Luke chuckled and gripped on his hair .

For the past few days, I've been hanging out a lot with Luke. He even visits me in the chemotherapy room. I thought he will be this annoying boy that's super self centered.

But surprisingly , he's not. He cares about other people a lot. We usually hang in the park behind the hospital. Its really nice to go out sometimes

" Well. I think your time is up, your mother will be so angry at me if I don't bring you back in..." He looked at his black watch " 3 minutes.

My family knows him. At first my dad thought he was a bad guy, but then slowly, they're sure that Luke's a nice guy.

We went back to my room and saw my mother crying. This always happens, whenever we leave her alone.

"Whoops I think I need to go back to my room so bye!." Luke ran from my room and went to his own room

I always found this situation awkward. Me and my mom never share any personal feelings. I never talk to her about my feelings and vice versa.

I approached her and sat beside her "Mom? Why are you crying? Did something happened ? . "

" No honey, I just got my menstruation you know, I become so emotional."

I know she's not telling the truth. I know she's hiding something from me.

"Mom, please just tell me the truth. I can accept the fact that I have cancer in my body but I can't accept the fact that you're always hiding something from me." Tears started to welled up in my eyes

"Okay, you want to know the truth? My daughter is dying and I can't help her! I feel so useless! I can't help her when I need her. I'm such a bad mother!."

I cannot control the tears that stream down her face and I just hug her. Because its also the only thing I can do.

I don't want to leave her alone

Luke

That girl is special. It feels nice to talk with someone other than my 3 idiots friend. I visited her in the chemotherapy room and I felt the urge to protect her.

It may sounds to fast but I really feel like I need to protect her. Everytime she had her chemotherapy all I want to do is say that everything's gonna be okay.

But I can't do that, I don't know how it feels to be her. She has a really beautiful family. The genes are really good.

Everytime I went back to my room after visiting her is, how can I be so ungrateful? I don't know when I'm gonna die but she does. Everyday is haunted by dead

I don't want her to leave.