☯4☯

elaine

I kept wondering what will happen if this cancer didn't hit me.

I would still be the cheerful Elaine. I would be in the library club. Enjoying the smell of new books and sorting books in the shelfs.

My life has changed. A lot. Since I got this cancer, my parents didn't let me go out with anyone . I need to be supervised by someone who's older.

My life sucks.

I remember the boy with lip ring , he was pretty attractive if you asked me

I was walking to the park when I saw that boy. Again .

He looks depressed and lifeless, I tried to nudged him and all he did was scoffed.

Rude

I kept walking to the park when I noticed someone's walking behind me

" Can you slow the fuck down? I'm wearing crutches right here if its not noticeable "

I nodded and kept wondering why he's following me. It's kinda creepy but also nice because I had someone to talk with

Silence was following us I guess because nobody talks for 5 minutes. We enjoyed breeze of the winter . Which may be my last winter

He finally broke the silence " So,cancer huh?"

"So, broken legs huh?" I copied him and we both nodded at the same time

Another awkward silence-

"You reminds me of Hazel from The fault in our star, the difference is you don't have your Augustus Waters" he chuckled and shaking his head

I rubbed my eyes and laughed because honestly, that book was so overrated and I didn't think that a boy like him would read books like that.

"Who would've thought a boy like you could read books as cheesy as that?"

He sighed. "You know, I may look like a monster outside but inside I'm as soft as a cotton candy- you see this lip ring right here?" He pointed to his lips. And it looks really pillowy , " its a metaphor , just like what Augustus did. Never got to asked your name, what's your name? "

"My name is Elaine. Elaine Rose"

"Cool, I'm Luke. Luke Hemmings. Tell me more about yourself, you reminded me to one of my doofus bestfriend, Michael , he also has a blue hair like you "

"Hm where should I started?" I pretended to think , " I got this cancer when I was 12 and I've been in this hospital since forever. I like books because they're the only thing which is allowed in the chemotherapy. How about you lip-ring boy?"

"Wow you already have a nickname for me. I'm just gonna call you smurf because you reminded me of smurf. I was admitted because I got into a stupid accident and broke half of my legs . I drank and I hit a giant tree"

"Wow that's pretty awful I think and I didn't resemble smurf . They didn't have blue hair "

"What ever you say, smurf"

We talked for a while before its time for my chemotherapy and his therapy. We both walked to the hospital building and bid each other goodbye and promised that we will meet again in the park tomorrow

luke hemmings is a nice guy

I think