Press start 🎮‼️

☆~*~☆

"And that's a wrap everyone! Thank you for joining me and I will see you guys next time!"

Aki ended his stream and got up from his chair. He continued to pack his bags for the competition he was a part of for VidCon. There was going to be competitive Mario Kart, and that was something Aki could not throw away. He was so excited to meet new people, he didn't even care about winning.

The convention was in two days, and time seemed to go by slower each second he got closer.

Aki struggled to make genuine friends in his community. You would not believe the number of douchebags he had come in contact with. He knew he'd make a friend eventually, and maybe the convention was the perfect place to do so.

☆~*~☆

After Aki had gone through security, he made his way into the main building. Another person was walking into the same building, with a con badge of his own. Aki held the door open, avoiding eye contact. Aki wasn't the most social person ever and had really bad anxiety over it. It didn't help that he was seen as intimidating by a lot of people.

"Thank you." the polite voice of the devil walking through the door spoke.

"Mhm." Aki answered quietly. He thought his nervousness was irrational, considering the fact that he was at a convention, and his job was talking to strangers.

The other person walked in the opposite direction as Aki, who was relieved by not needing to be around another person. He checked out a few of the stands being set up from afar, and a few other places in the convention center before checking into his hotel. The convention center was huge, he could almost get lost in it.

Aki eventually left and walked down the street to his hotel. There were a few other people in the lobby with VidCon badges, all minding their own business. The same devil from before was sitting on the stairs, looking down at his phone. Aki was able to get a better look at his wings since he wasn't looking at the floor this time.

"Aki!" A familiar voice called out to him. He looked behind him, being greeted by Himeno with Power and Denji.

"Hey! What are you guys doing here?" The devil curiously looked up from his phone at the conversation happening in the middle of the lobby.

So that's the Aki guy I've been hearing all about.

"We wanted to come support you!" Himeno responded cheerfully.

"I was dragged along, don't think I'm here for you." Power scoffed, crossing her arms. Denji rolled his eyes and elbowed her in the arm.

"Sure, sure." Aki said, giving Power a noogie. Denji got a good laugh out of it. "Alright, I'm going to check into my room. you can come see me tomorrow." Aki explained, leaving the group and walking over to the counter.

"Well, guys I say we-" Himeno paused. "Angel!" she practically squeals. She ran over to the stairs where he was sitting down, Power and Denji following behind. They did not wanna deal with Himeno being a social butterfly.

"Oh, hi Himeno." He spoke tiredly. Aki looked over at him the same way Angel did earlier. They both happened to look at each other at the same time. Aki waved at him, trying to break the tension. Angel smiled back, then looked at Himeno nervously. "You know him?" He asked.

"Oh, Aki? Yeah, he's been my friend for ages." Denji and Power both gave each other 'the look' and decided to stay a little longer. Angel stood up from the stairs and looked Himeno in the eyes.

"And you never told me?" He asked.

"Oh! How rude of me, do you want me to introdu-"

"Meno!" Angel whisper yelled, cutting her off. "I will text you about this later." He said quietly, eyeing the two mischievous people behind her. Angel grabbed his things and walked up the stairs.