Spilled Ink

‼️ Angel's touch rule does not apply in this oneshot ‼️

A dark September night, where two friends drunkenly decided to get tattoos. Aki and Himeno had just left the bar, stumbling across a tattoo shop while walking down the street. They weren't stupid enough to drive home, but they sure were stupid enough to get $5 tattoos that night. There was a small stand outside of the door, showing simple tattoos for cheap. Himeno dragged Aki inside, who didn't seem to complain.

The two of them walked out of that shop with their tattoos and walked back to their apartments. Himeno had gotten a small sparkle design behind her ear, whereas Aki got a pair of angel wings with a halo on his index finger.

☆~*~☆

It had been three years since then. The two of them now worked at that tattoo shop and still had the markings. Aki stood at the counter eyeing his finger, thinking about his tattoo. He had so many different ones, but this one was always his favorite.

Aki and Himeno worked with two other women. One was an older, more mature woman who was their manager. Her name was Quanxi. The other woman was about the same age and was a wife of Quanxi. Her name was Long. The two of them were in a relationship with three other women, who would occasionally come into the shop to bring them things.

Himeno walked into the lobby, joining Aki behind the counter. "Im about to go on break. You got anyone coming in to see you today?" She asked, putting her wallet in her back pocket. "Nope. I'll be taking the walk-ins today." He responded, shifting around the rings on a few of his fingers.

Speaking of which, a customer had just walked in. Aki looked up, eyeing the figure close to the door. Himeno also looked up, but at Aki instead. Seeing the look on his face was priceless. "Earth to Aki? You need me to take this one?" She teased.

"No, fuck you, Meno! I need this!" He whisper yelled, snapping from his trance. She took her belongings and left through the back door, going on break.

Aki's queer panic had gone off at the sight of a shorter, long-haired, androgynous boy. He had large, familiar angel wings and a halo. Aki looked down at his tattoo, then back up, meeting eyes with the boy. "Hey." He spoke.

Fuck, that was too casual. This is work, you're not supposed to be this weird!

"Hi. I was looking into getting a tattoo." the boy spoke calmly. Aki was so beyond lucky that Himeno wasn't there. He'd never hear the end of it from her. "Do you have a design in mind?" Aki asked, trying to avoid eye contact. "Yeah actually." He answered, sliding a drawing over to Aki. It was a beautiful drawing of a moth. It was signed Angel.

"You drew this?" Aki asked him. Angel nodded. "I can get you started over here, Angel." Aki smiled, leading Angel to the room Aki was assigned. Everything had already been set up, aside from the inks.

"What colors were you planning?" Aki asked, opening the cabinet where all of the ink bottles sat. "Orange, brown, and probably yellow." Angel answered tiredly. Aki took note and began grabbing bottles. He placed them on the table next to the chair Angel was lying in. "Alright, I'm going to sketch out your design to see if you like it, then ill add the colors as well." Aki explained, sitting down on the other chair. He grabbed his drawing tablet and began to sketch. "Sounds good." Angel responded.

☆~*~☆

Aki began to transfer the outline onto Angel's arm after he approved. Angel checked the placement through the mirror Aki was holding up for him, and gave him the okay to start. This was Angel's first tattoo but he was used to pain a lot worse than this, so it didn't bother him that much.

Angel's design was very intricate. He was a very good artist. The two of them made small talk about their interests and things that had recently happened.